• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK who wrote this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK who wrote this?

Parking ticket firm 'exposed private info' - ICO making enquiries ? The Register

apparently despite 'breaking the law' the companies exposing the photos aren't willing to stop persecuting the poor parking extortion firm - sometimes there is justice!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Since when is a number plate private info?

FFS, people need to get over themselves.

Comment

number plates may not be private, the electronic tracking of people's movement is.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        number plates may not be private, the electronic tracking of people's movement is.
        Yeah, me hooman rights.

Comment

Re: OK who wrote this?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Since when is a number plate private info?

FFS, people need to get over themselves.
          The UK DPA is quite contextual, in some circumstances a number plate could be aggregated with additional information and become personal information under the act.

I'm not sure if that's the case in this example; just pointing out that it's not always clear cut!

Of course there's a difference between the legal responsibility of the company and the developers intentions, when writing a shoddy web application!

(I.e whilst they might not be breaking the law, I doubt they meant it to be easy to grab all the photos)

OWASP top 10 anyone?

Sent from my tweeting foot massager.
          B00med!

Comment

Working...
          X