• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This ear eyer ejumakashen ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ear eyer ejumakashen ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Hold on! Degrees for all doesn't mean great jobs for all, say profs ? The Register

Combine that with the incessant dumbing down & really & truly a lot of them really are only fit for

Originally posted by Ex esteemed customer
    Would you like fries with that

YMMV of course.

Then again, I am in the sump of eyer ejumakashen.

I found the timetable from the Electrical/Electronic Engineering course at Loughborough 40 years ago.

It was almost 9 to 5 for four and a half days a week.

Wednesday afternoon being reserved for sports of course.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 23 May 2017, 17:49.

pretty much what most people have been saying for years.

we should just print degrees from the university of New Lie and teach them all to talk about updation.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I found the timetable from the Electrical/Electronic Engineering course at Loughborough 40 years ago.

It was almost 9 to 5 for four and a half days a week.

Wednesday afternoon being reserved for sports of course.
      One of my mates at uni did Electrical Engineering.

It was a similar timetable, with the odd one hour break in between lectures.

And the prof would organise "voluntary" seminars for those breaks.

"Voluntary" in the army sense of course. They got marked down elsewhere if they didn't attend.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

A friend's wife worked at one of the local universities until recently (the one that used to be a polytechnic). The powers that be, though unable to say it in public, are wholly against the increase in the number of British students over the last few years. They make a lot more from foreign students; for example, English-as-a-foreign-language courses for trainee officers from the Kuwaiti air force bring in a heck of a lot more than they get from teaching bra-and-knicker design - oh, sorry, "Contour Engineering" - to British school leavers.

Comment

Hold on!? You mean that when Bliar argued this, he might have been wrong? I'm shocked

(1) Fact: People with degrees earn more on average
          (2) Deduction: if everyone has a degree, everyone will earn more
          (3) Conclusion: we must send everyone to university

I just can't get over that anyone can be questioning this infallible piece of logic. I need a lie down.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Hold on!? You mean that when Bliar argued this, he might have been wrong? I'm shocked

(1) Fact: People with degrees earn more on average
            (2) Deduction: if everyone has a degree, everyone will earn more
            (3) Conclusion: we must send everyone to university

I just can't get over that anyone can be questioning this infallible piece of logic. I need a lie down.
            (4) Assumption - there are loads of well paid vacancies for graduates in Drama and Medja Studies

Comment

Working...
            X