PDA

View Full Version : So has anyone actually done anything constructive so far this morning?

DaveB
12th July 2006, 09:12
Cos I certainly havn't :p

By constructive I mean something approaching what you are supposed to be doing rather than what yuo are actually doing :D

The_Gimp
12th July 2006, 09:18
just got into work so not so far.. off to starbucks in a min so nothing constructive in the pipeline, although I did have a good w*nk this morning - does that count?

monkeyboy
12th July 2006, 09:21
God forbid no.

3 fags 2 gossips and 3 emails.

None really work relavent.

:cool2:

HankWangford
12th July 2006, 09:27
yesterday I managed to change a couple of templates within an xslt file, so far today I have read every article on google news.......nothing to do, permies all away........

The_Gimp
12th July 2006, 09:27

By constructive I mean something approaching what you are supposed to be doing rather than what yuo are actually doing :D

To be honest I'm actually insulted that you think any of us have any intention of doing something constructive - shame on you!

Xenophon
12th July 2006, 09:38
2 coffees and shared a joke with my client contact. Perfick.

ladymuck
12th July 2006, 09:42
Sorry to let the side down but I've done a fair bit of proper work this morning. It actually makes a change because 90% of the time I'm sitting about doing feck all with my brain slowly rotting. But I leave in two weeks two days so I'm all happy about that!! :banana:

Pondlife
12th July 2006, 09:42

This morning!!! Surely you mean this week/month/year*

* delete based on the number of permies you have to work with.

MarillionFan
12th July 2006, 09:44
Just won 4-2 on Flash Tennis.

Troll
12th July 2006, 09:48
Just held a meeting with a bunch of permies - a progress meeting for their deliverables, suprise suprise! all have made no progress- wish I didn't have to deal with permies

PRC1964
12th July 2006, 10:18
I've played a couple of games of Scrabble:

http://www.dinosaursandmoustaches.com/scrabble/twoplayer/

The_Gimp
12th July 2006, 10:39
I sh*gged a fat bird from work a few weeks ago, I just replied to her email asking if we could have a repeat performance. Does that count as work?

HankWangford
12th July 2006, 10:43
I sh*gged a fat bird from work a few weeks ago, I just replied to her email asking if we could have a repeat performance. Does that count as work?

Did you agree :suicide:

Pondlife
12th July 2006, 10:44

What was the reply?

Ruprect
12th July 2006, 10:44
That sounds like hard work ;)

The_Gimp
12th July 2006, 10:47
This is the email, or part of it:

I know you're really bizzy n stuff, but was finking if u free thus you could come over and I'll cook u din dins... how bout it??

What the f**k is din dins?? Hello..

HankWangford
12th July 2006, 10:49

I know you're really bizzy n stuff, but was finking if u free thus you could come over and I'll cook u din dins... how bout it??

Christ gimp where u working.....

The_Gimp
12th July 2006, 10:49
I'm guessing din dins is a euphemism for mummys and daddys. Oh and I said I was 'bizzy' thurs.. but I know in my heart of hearts that next time we have work drinks and I am pearsed and with no other better offers...

The_Gimp
12th July 2006, 10:50
Christ gimp where u working.....

investment bank in the city..

Ruprect
12th July 2006, 10:51

Pies probably.

HankWangford
12th July 2006, 10:52
I'm guessing din dins is a euphemism for mummys and daddys. Oh and I said I was 'bizzy' thurs.. but I know in my heart of hearts that next time we have work drinks and I am pearsed and with no other better offers...

fat birds....always so accommodating after a few drinks, even though they know that when your chundering in the morning it's because of what you woke up next to, not the beer

HankWangford
12th July 2006, 10:53
investment bank in the city..

is she the sandwich girl, or the cleaner

The_Gimp
12th July 2006, 10:58
is she the sandwich girl, or the cleaner

She works in HR. We have some outside agency that looks after the cleaning and there is this one cleaner who is f**king outstanding. Tall ,slim, dark hair with nice pert t*ts. She is from some impoverished Eastern European country and is probably riddled with stds, but man serious eye candy for a wed morning.. I could ride her till the cows came home, but u would have to tripple-bag it if you catch my drift..

bobsmithldn
12th July 2006, 10:58
Yes, resigned ... oops, terminated contract ...

dmini
12th July 2006, 12:20
Done 2 or three Microsoft virtual labs today. Done about 5 minutes real work, finding out who owned a system for someone, but that was it. I am sooooo bored! Will do another MS technet lab soon. They are very realistic though, have to give it to them. The servers hang, come up with hardware errors, the new admin code doen't work..... just like real life! :D

DaveB
12th July 2006, 12:25
Well I think the fact that the thread has made it to three pages and is still going strong answers the original question. Lazy feckers one and all. Brings a tear to my eye so it does :D

sasguru
12th July 2006, 12:30
Had a most satisfying dump just now.

andy
12th July 2006, 12:32
that reminds me
Time to take a dump
bye

NickIT
12th July 2006, 12:41
Had an interview....for a permie job *gag*

But times are tight and cash needs re-establishing.

Otherwise ... I had a bacon sarni...

Troll
12th July 2006, 13:12
14:10

Just back from a 2 hour power nap at hotel...

chef
12th July 2006, 13:30
Have finally found a "hot desk" in the corner of the room, staring at the HR desk, a most excellent view.. :freaky:

Just had a great lunch in a new noodle bar, just about to go have a cig, have done approx 5-10 mins work all day with no intention at all of that breaching the 15 min mark..

Oh and the client has paid me 12 days early :banana: :banana: :banana:

..so its a celebration Chateau Musar night out for me and girlfriend chef tonight.. ;)