• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WWIII

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWIII

Are we on the verge of a World War?

Seems to me economic malaise is often followed by a war, to reduce the overpopulation and smash and burn everything so the economy can bounce back with a massive rebuilding programme.

Evacuate, North Korea urges foreigners in latest 'thermo-nuclear war' threat - Telegraph

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Seems to me economic malaise is often followed by a war, to reduce the overpopulation and smash and burn everything so the economy can bounce back with a massive rebuilding programme.

Evacuate, North Korea urges foreigners in latest 'thermo-nuclear war' threat - Telegraph
    North Korea's usual modus operandi is to start yelling, provoke an incident or two, ramp up the rhetoric, then accept cash for pretending to calm down. It has worked for generations of Kims. However Obama is trying not to play ball this time.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      North Korea's usual modus operandi is to start yelling, provoke an incident or two, ramp up the rhetoric, then accept cash for pretending to calm down. It has worked for generations of Kims. However Obama is trying not to play ball this time.
      Sounds like Scots on benefits to me?

Comment

Nope. We're serious.

but keep it up. I've always said that when Scotland becomes independent, it will be the English who brought it to that stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          Not quite. What is missing in the news is the fact that a week before this started the US was flying close to the North Korean Board with several armed nuclear bombers as part of an annual exercise with South Korea.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

only Scots, we mustn't forget the poor persecuted freedom fighters that rioted last year to gain their inalienable rights to 'own' a pair of Nikes and a flatscreen telly!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Seems to me ...
              There you go again, making a fundamental mistake.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yup, plus on the evidence of several past centuries we're due to enter the real 21st century soon with a bang
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Will the decade 2000 to 2013 be regarded as some sort of golden age, in the way that 1900 - 1913 was?
                  No. That was Kondratiev Summer, this is Kondratiev Winter. WWI was a peak war (height of Summer, comes from brazen overconfidence), what we have now/next is a trough war (depths of Winter, comes from depression). I suspect that Iraq and Afghanistan already qualify as a trough war. That would be good because
                  (a) then we don't need one in Korea
                  (b) the trough war signals the end of K-Winter, meaning this would be a short K-Winter.

But failure to let the banks fail may delay the end of Winter, just as the US failure to accept its power after WWI extended that phase into WWII. IMHO.
                  Last edited by Ignis Fatuus; 9 April 2013, 10:41.

Comment

Working...
                  X