• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Thatcher Twins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thatcher Twins

Just out of interest, why do they both live on mainland Europe and not in the UK?

Margaret Thatcher dead: Carol and Mark will return to the UK today but ask for privacy | Mail Online

Sir Mark Thatcher - Marbella, Spain (WTF did he do to get the 'Sir' title, oh, I know. dodgy arms deals)
    Carol Thatcher - Klosters, Switzerland
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Just out of interest, why do they both live on mainland Europe and not in the UK?

Margaret Thatcher dead: Carol and Mark will return to the UK today but ask for privacy | Mail Online

Sir Mark Thatcher - Marbella, Spain (WTF did he do to get the 'Sir' title, oh, I know. dodgy arms deals)
    #

Why wouldn't or why shouldn't they?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Mark Thatcher is a crook.

Carol Thatcher is a racist.

If you want to escape the UK press you live abroad.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sir Mark Thatcher - Marbella, Spain (WTF did he do to get the 'Sir' title,His Dad (the Baron) died Mark Thatcher inherited the Sir)
        FTFY

I would imagine they are both paying less tax and have to listen to fewer rabid lefties attacking their mother for doing what most professional establishment figures (major business figures, financial giants) say was a good job.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          #

Why wouldn't or why shouldn't they?
          Just wondering, what with their mother being the greatest Englishwoman since Boadicea I would have thought that they would have ridden on her coattails and basked in her greatness and used her influence to further themselves...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Just wondering, what with their mother being the greatest Englishwoman since Boadicea I would have thought that they would have ridden on her coattails and basked in her greatness and used her influence to further themselves...
            Mark tried.

He nearly ended up in prison.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

One of her qualities was that she kept her family out of her political life unlike a certain other politician I know. I am not sure that she was a particularly good mother (though I do not know)
              Unfortunately her son was as dodgy as they come and he certainly used his mothers name to gain influence.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

(WTF did he do to get the 'Sir' title,His Dad (the Baron) died Mark Thatcher inherited the Sir)
                Ta for that. Its quite interesting that Dennis only got the Baronetcy a month after Margaret resigned and it was the first to be awarded since 1964 and also allowed her to be called Lady Thatcher. He actually seemed quite a congenial old chap. (Didn't know that she was also his second wife)

Comment

Ta for that. Its quite interesting that Dennis only got the Baronetcy a month after Margaret resigned and it was the first to be awarded since 1964 and also allowed her to be called Lady Thatcher. He actually seemed quite a congenial old chap. (Didn't know that she was also his second wife)
                  Almost certainly a fluff title issued to achieve a political aim. Pity Tony Bliar didn't get any Maybe we will see Baroness Cherie?

Dennis is always described as very honourable, either very shrewd with good lawyers or clean. I'd like to think the latter.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X