• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doing the right thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing the right thing

BBC News - Ex-HBOS chief Sir James Crosby asks to return knighthood

Originally posted by James Crosby
    Shortly after I left HBOS, I received the enormous honour of a knighthood in recognition of my own - and many other people's - contribution to the creation of a company which was then widely regarded as a great success.

In view of what has happened subsequently to HBOS, I believe that it is right that I should now ask the appropriate authorities to take the necessary steps for its removal.
    Too little too late for many I suspect, but it's nice to see someone doing the decent thing for a change.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post

Too little too late for many I suspect, but it's nice to see someone doing the decent thing for a change.
    damn right.

I hope we are entering a 'Post Blair' era
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I'm hoping Thatcher's death will bring some catharsis to the country and we can all move on.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm hoping Thatcher's death will bring some catharsis to the country and we can all move on.
        blair and bobble eye Brown ??

and Balls their acolyte ??
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Maybe I'm getting a little cynical, but I did wonder what his response would be if they told him he could keep the knighthood but they wanted 90% of his £580,000 p/a pension back rather than 30%. He'd still have £58,000 p/a, which is a comfortable amount for a retiree by any standard. As it is, he doesn't get called "Sir James" but he's got over £400,000 a year coming in, which may help to cushion the blow a little

Comment

He has waited until now, years later, when the true extent of his incompetence has been fully exposed, to hand in his knighthood. This is a calculated move to save his image now that hes been caught. He knew what he did from day one, if this had not come out do you think he would be handing anything back?

Comment

He should have done the right thing with a 9mm pistol.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
              X