• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Offered a contract and then got ripped off.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offered a contract and then got ripped off.

Last week did a telephone interview for an agency. Won the contract (albeit a very short one) and the agency then proceeded to send me the contract on Friday.

Was due to start Wednesday having confirmed via text with the agency, however it seems as through that the agent then found someone else to do the job and did not want me!

Thought I'd share the emails

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Laura T (agent.com)Add to contacts 11:26
    To: x

Hi x,

I didn't have a returned contract from you. You also hadn't contacted me or replied, so I presumed you had found something else or were not interetsed. I have found someone else for that contract. Sorry but communication is key for me.

Kind regards,

Laura
    Actions
    To: Laura T,

Hi could you confirm that I am working tomorrow please?

I have not been informed of the location of the office!!!

Actions
    Laura T ()Add to contacts05/04/2013 Documents
    To: email

Outlook Active View
    1 attachment (49.3 KB)

Download as zip
    Hello x,

Finally I have the contract. Please could you sign and send back to me so I can get all in place for next week for you.

I hope you have got on top of everything today on final day of contract.

Kind Regards,

Laura
    Last edited by cojak; 10 April 2013, 14:44. Reason: removed emails and full surnames

Sorry, you confirmed by text?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Confirmed via text? What are you 14?

I don't expect this thread to last very long here. New poster making potentially libellous statements.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Not that new, just not posted much TBH.

Comment

Exeter?

No wonder, the agency only process 2 contracts per year.

Thanks for the heads up though.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by SajStars View Post
            Last week did a telephone interview for an agency. Won the contract (albeit a very short one) and the agency then proceeded to send me the contract on Friday.

Was due to start Wednesday having confirmed via text with the agency, however it seems as through that the agent then found someone else to do the job and did not want me!
            No, you didn't reply properly (text is not appropriate for accepting a contract), and she gave it to someone more professional. Take it as a lesson.

Comment

No signed contract, no contract.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was a little slow in signing the contract. However no warning from the agency. Its not really happened before and it was for only 4 days in the month, so yes a painful lesson.

Not to worry, at least the sun is shining and i can get the convertible Ferrari (Wife's Peugeot) out and have a wa*k.

Comment

Can't help thinking if the agency/client REALLY wanted you for the contract they'd have walked over hot coals to get in touch with you regardless of you making the silly decision to send a text to confirm. Even if you took ages with the contract.

If you were the top man in the frame for both then that would be the score. Can't help wondering if the client had two choices anyway and the other fella came out cheaper/less hassle anyway.

No way would an agency cough it up just because you were a bit slow getting back to them if you were the only or top choice. They had alternatives which suited them better.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SajStars View Post
                    i can get the convertible Ferrari (Wife's Peugeot) out and have a wa*k.
                    You're going to wank over the car or in it?

edit: why is wank allowed by the filter but ****** isn't?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X