• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Amusing Thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Amusing Thing

Is that no matter how much the anti-Thatcher lot complain, it still doesn't change the fact that she was voted into power 3 times by the down at heel suffering British public
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Is that no matter how much the anti-Thatcher lot complain, it still doesn't change the fact that she was voted into power 3 times by the down at heel suffering British public
    Yes. When we Scots ask ourselves whether we feel part of this United Kingdom, I think that will be a factor in convincing us that we do not feel one with the English.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

You mean the same bunch of eejuts who voted Blair in?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
        Yes. When we Scots ask ourselves whether we feel part of this United Kingdom, I think that will be a factor in convincing us that we do not feel one with the English.
        I'm sure so.

I hope you guys get independence because then you'll get the government that you want and we English will get the one that we want.

Comment

Is that no matter how much the anti-Thatcher lot complain, it still doesn't change the fact that she was voted into power 3 times by just over half of the public
          FTFY. The 'downtrodden' could have voted against her every time and probably did. The whole constituencies thing makes it even worse.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            You mean the same bunch of eejuts who voted Blair in?
            In each case, more people voted against than for.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              FTFY. The 'downtrodden' could have voted against her every time and probably did. The whole constituencies thing makes it even worse.
              I voted against every time - but where I lived at the time, a dead donkey with a Blue Rosette would have got elected, so my vote was worthless, along with millions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                I voted against every time - but where I lived at the time, a dead donkey with a Blue Rosette would have got elected.
                ...and done a better job than B Liar or Brown.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Divided the country like no other politician before her; North vs South, Rich vs Poor.

Bought the votes by selling off assets and current mess can be laid squarely on her doorstep.

Comment

Working...
                  X