• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain very nearly best in the World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britain very nearly best in the World

Britain ranked second only to Sweden in table of most advanced countries - Telegraph

Makes yer proud dunnit?

I can't wait to get back in all seriousness
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

If we get rid of Scotland would it make us #1 ?
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I find it ironic that it's just above Switzerland where I currently am
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

Did they survey only London?
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I visited London last weekend.

You might not realise it but it is now one sh"t hot city. I saw no slummy areas at all. The trains ran on time, not a scrap of litter. I heard no police sirens at all, felt perfectly safe wandering around in the East End late at night. I reckon if I dropped my wallet on the floor someone would have picked it up and handed it to me. Even the buskers were well dressed.

A lot more drunken yobs, graffti and broken car windows in Zürich than in London.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              A lot more drunken yobs, graffti and broken car windows in Zürich than in London.
              I was very surprised by this when I initially got here as I thought it would be clean and tidy etc but have found it's not the case
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                I was very surprised by this when I initially got here as I thought it would be clean and tidy etc but have found it's not the case
                While I was there my car was trashed once just for the hell of it and broken into though they couldn´t find anything. The trains were full of rather loud slobbish drunken youths, unpleasant really. I rember even walking on Mount Pilatus near Lucerne and there was some football match going on in the town, even on the mountain all you could here was football yobs chanting and singing.....glad to leave the place.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

In another poll, Britain was at number 1. It was based on how British the country is. Scotland came 94th.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    If we get rid of Scotland would it make us #1 ?
                    A lot of banks are moving offices to Glasgow/Edinburgh from London, in preparation for Scotland becoming independent and lowering its corporation tax. Scotland will take over England/Wales in a few short years.

Comment

Working...
                    X