• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ch4 last night

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ch4 last night

Global warming thread

'The UK will spend £22 billion each and every year, till the end of the century, in order to reduce temperatures by 1/200th of 1 degree c'

Alarmists response - they did not dispute that figure

catch up here

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I blame Thatcher.

Global Warming loon she was.

Comment

We can predict spending 87 years ahead now? I guess that nobody disputed the numbers cos they're meaningless BS. I look forward to:

- A breakdown of what is included in the £22bn - which is equivalent to about half the defence budget.

- The reduction in the rate of change in global temperatures if all countries reduced emission by the same proportion and

- The financial benefits of stabilising temperatures, the costs of doing nothing.

Bit of a Straw Man no? The costs of the Montreal Protocols for each country were large in proportion to the reductions in CFCs per country, but nobody attempted that calculation to my knowledge, as it doesn't really mean anything.
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        - A breakdown of what is included in the £22bn - which is equivalent to about half the defence budget.
        Are you suggesting that because it's only half the defense budget, it's not a lot of money?!

- The financial benefits of stabilising temperatures, the costs of doing nothing.
        None and none?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

at pj

apparently we can't predict spending 87 years out but we CAN predict the climate. ???whaaat.

In my world, we can see what we have committed to in financial terms, and we can see that temperatures are flat lining.
          i.e. we are spending all that money for NOTHING.
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Au contraire, I am suggesting it IS a lot of money thus I want to know how the number was conjured up ... deniers have a habit of chucking in all the costs they can think (e.g. the entire NASA satellie budget as 'global warming' spending) of while ignoring the benefits. But I don't expect an answer, that would require research beyond Google and YouTube.

The WHO estimates 300K deaths/year from climate change already, every economic study (Stern, Garnaut, Yohe et al) concludes that benefits outweigh costs by around 4:1.

HTH.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
              Au contraire, I am suggesting it IS a lot of money thus I want to know how the number was conjured up ... deniers have a habit of chucking in all the costs they can think (e.g. the entire NASA satellie budget as 'global warming' spending) of while ignoring the benefits. But I don't expect an answer, that would require research beyond Google and YouTube.

The WHO estimates 300K deaths/year from climate change already, every economic study (Stern, Garnaut, Yohe et al) concludes that benefits outweigh costs by around 4:1.

HTH.
              How do you measure whether a death is due to climate change?

Furthermore with the world becoming more crowded is this not natures way of correcting problems?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I did not ignore the benefits. I was quite clear. Categoric in fact

1/200 th of one degree centigrade by the end of the century.

bargain!

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  How do you measure whether a death is due to climate change?

Furthermore with the world becoming more crowded is this not natures way of correcting problems?
                  we had 30,000 excess deaths due to the cold this winter (up 5,000)

and these eejits want to cool us down even more
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)

Comment

I watched a video of Al Gore being cross-examined by Congress. He admitted being involved in Enron and Goldmansacs to organise the possibility of carbon trading prior to making hockey stick seminar.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X