• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

agent just offered me more money than I asked for :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agent just offered me more money than I asked for :)

... just got off the phone with a pimpette , she is putting me up for a role on jobserve for a project I know is a real one, she asks me rate, I tell her £x per day, she says they can pay me x + 25 per day!?? Why would she do that?

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
    ... just got off the phone with a pimpette , she is putting me up for a role on jobserve for a project I know is a real one, she asks me rate, I tell her £x per day, she says they can pay me x + 25 per day!?? Why would she do that?
    fixed rate margin the more you can get from the client the more they get.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

congrats

Comment

Or being cynical - maybe the agent has another contractor they can place at a lower day rate to the client, i.e. making a higher margin for themselves, so they want to make you a less attractive bet to their client.

Comment

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
          Or being cynical - maybe the agent has another contractor they can place at a lower day rate to the client, i.e. making a higher margin for themselves, so they want to make you a less attractive bet to their client.
          Surely not......!
          latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Contracting : Business with in Business !!

Comment

Originally posted by hgllgh View Post
              I spoke to similar on Monday for a role in Cov. She said she'd put me in at 25 quid a day more than I asked for AND she told me their margin up front

Sadly, that's as far as it got. Not that bothered as Cov's a flipping long way from home.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
              X