• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm land Haven

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perm land Haven

So took this perm role about a month ago with a small niche consultancy ... guess you know what's coming. Was really hoping to be there for a year or so getting experience and work on a new area to add to my CV... They gave me a very good package + expenses + 25 days paid holiday and all the extra (insurances / pensions etc)

So I joined a month ago.. and what have been assigned to do ???

NOTHING... been on the bench (paid bench) for a month, am getting so bored, I miss working

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    So took this perm role about a month ago with a small niche consultancy ... guess you know what's coming. Was really hoping to be there for a year or so getting experience and work on a new area to add to my CV... They gave me a very good package + expenses + 25 days paid holiday and all the extra (insurances / pensions etc)

NOTHING... been on the bench (paid bench) for a month, am getting so bored, I miss working
    At least you are being paid
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

TBH, I've got very little sympathy. Most permie or contracator roles have void periods. Unless you know everything about everything there's always something to learn. Get of yer arse and learn some new skills, get a new qualification etc etc.
      maybe you're cut out to be a permie and should stay there mouldering.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

You're being paid.

Learn something new and interesting. You've nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          You're being paid.

Learn something new and interesting. You've nothing to lose.

Or post crap on CUK, eh?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Or post crap on CUK, eh?

Comment

This is what I've been doing for a month, a lot of reading and learning, but after a month it becomes all so theoretical and one needs to work on some of the stuff they learnt.

Comment

This is what I've been doing for a month, a lot of reading and learning, but after a month it becomes all so theoretical and one needs to work on some of the stuff they learnt.
                Why can't you do that?
                Write dummy applications? Compete in Google's coding challenges etc?
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                  Why can't you do that?
                  Write dummy applications? Compete in Google's coding challenges etc?
                  Why do you assume am a code monkey ??

Comment

Bearing in mind we have a post going on about exactly the same situation by a contractor I think a bit of growsum and get on with it is in order. Nothing new to see here.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X