• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A point worth debating

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A point worth debating

Is a show of positive support as offensive as a statement of nastiness, where a person is working in a position of responsibility that above all else requires impartiality?

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Is a show of positive support as offensive as a statement of nastiness, where a person is working in a position of responsibility that above all else requires impartiality?

It's not as offensive, but it is as impartial.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      It's not as offensive, but it is as impartial.
      But it can be deemed to be. I think if you are going to make statements on social media that the subjects should be mainstream and uncontroversial to avoid inadvertedly upsetting someone. I am sure if I were to on facebook and start celebrating the birthday of Pol Pot I would upset someone and it could be interpreted that I believe in what he stood for - hardly the makings of an impartial policeman
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Not as offensive, but still inappropriate and still breaks the regulations of the position...

Comment

Not offensive, just unprofessional.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

But it can be deemed to be. I think if you are going to make statements on social media that the subjects should be mainstream and uncontroversial to avoid inadvertedly upsetting someone. I am sure if I were to on facebook and start celebrating the birthday of Pol Pot I would upset someone and it could be interpreted that I believe in what he stood for - hardly the makings of an impartial policeman
            This is true. Hoping Hitler was 'resting in peace' would be offensive to many.

Comment

look, agents dont do philosophy. and for a very good reason

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                look, agents dont do philosophy. and for a very good reason

Nor English either. Can somebody translate?
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                  Nor English either. Can somebody translate?
                  he is talking about a copper who lost his job, because he tweeted that he was glad Thatcher was dead.
                  Someone asked if he should have lost his job if he had said that Thatcher should be cannonised

and now he's getting all philosophical

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    he is talking about a copper who lost his job, because he tweeted that he was glad Thatcher was dead.
                    Someone asked if he should have lost his job if he had said that Thatcher should be cannonised

and now he's getting all frothy

Irredeemable...
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X