• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Owwwwww!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owwwwww!

Was cycling to the pub, thought I was on the Kawasaki Ninja, leaned in too hard and fast on a roundabout and fell off. Bruised, bit of hurty stuff, apart from missing 1st gear ok. Doom bar pint for the medicine. Slippery conditions, my fault, nice drivers stopped to see if I was ok!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Was cycling to the pub, thought I was on the Kawasaki Ninja, leaned in too hard and fast on a roundabout and fell off. Bruised, bit of hurty stuff, apart from missing 1st gear ok. Doom bar pint for the medicine. Slippery conditions, my fault, nice drivers stopped to see if I was ok!
    Haven't fallen off a bike since I was a kid but still got the scars and remember the pain. Not cycling to the pub though just being stupid and reckless as you do.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      Oops

At least you didn't roll to a stop at the light and forget you were clipped into the pedals.....
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ouch! Still, a few pints of Doom Bar'll see you right

Comment

Falling off bikes comes in threes.

I fell off mine on the way to work on Monday. Was about a mile away, so continued journey one legged. Have a large hole in my knee which is starting to get better, but still leaking and oozing. Kneecap and most of lower leg is lovely shade of purpley brown. Got tended to by ClientCo's first aiders which was quite a scary experience.

Colleague fell off hers last night. Car overtook moped and nearly knocked her off the road. She slammed on the anchors and came off. Her bike is knackered, and she's got some nice road rash. Car driver has agreed to pay for bike repairs, so that's something.

Welcome to the club and feel magnanimous in the knowledge that you've made up the three, so everyone else should be safe.

Comment

I drove my trike into a lampost when I was five. Straight over the handlebars and little basket and smacked the lamppost with me forehead.
            a few weeks later, someone drove their morris into the lampost, and it leaned over a bit.

so for years, everyone said it was my 'ead that bent the lampost. yeah, very funny

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I drove my trike into a lampost when I was five. Straight over the handlebars and little basket and smacked the lamppost with me forehead.
              a few weeks later, someone drove their morris into the lampost, and it leaned over a bit.

so for years, everyone said it was my 'ead that bent the lampost. yeah, very funny

Could have been worse

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I turned round, four dead cyclists - all my fault!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I fell off mine on the way to work on Monday. Was about a mile away, so continued journey one legged. Have a large hole in my knee which is starting to get better, but still leaking and oozing. Kneecap and most of lower leg is lovely shade of purpley brown. Got tended to by ClientCo's first aiders which was quite a scary experience.

Colleague fell off hers last night. Car overtook moped and nearly knocked her off the road. She slammed on the anchors and came off. Her bike is knackered, and she's got some nice road rash. Car driver has agreed to pay for bike repairs, so that's something.

Welcome to the club and feel magnanimous in the knowledge that you've made up the three, so everyone else should be safe.
                  Disguised employee!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

T.T.I.U.W.P.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X