• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35

I'm a Java EE developer and just started my first contract which is fixed at 6 months. The client is new to me and the new limited company. I've employed SJD as my accountant. They seem very good.

Please give advice about your experience with SJD or advice about IR35 or tax issues in general.

I've decided I am working outside of IR35 so I'm interested in people with more experience of this than me.

Thanks, Rich

Hi Rich,
    The trouble with general advice is that it's often misleading - with respect to IR35, it's a combination of your specific contract and your actual working practices so it's difficult to say more than educate yourself & talk to SJD - they're a reputable firm and the best place to start
    Twitter @SidekickGuys
    LinkedIn

Comment

Originally posted by weeksoid View Post
      I'm a Java EE developer and just started my first contract which is fixed at 6 months. The client is new to me and the new limited company. I've employed SJD as my accountant. They seem very good.

Please give advice about your experience with SJD or advice about IR35 or tax issues in general.

I've decided I am working outside of IR35 so I'm interested in people with more experience of this than me.

Thanks, Rich
      What has made you decide that you are outside IR35 Rich?
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

SJD

Originally posted by weeksoid View Post

Thanks, Rich
        Rich,

Surely SJD can provide you with chapter and verse on tax and IR35 profiling! - This is the service you are paying for is it not?

Previous poster is correct that the practical situation as well as thecontract are key.

HMRC may consider, client's control over you, whether you can send a subsitute in your place, and to what extent you are obliged to accept work from the client.

Andrew

Comment

Working...
        X