• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BitCoins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BitCoins

How come this isnt discussed on CUK ? Is it because AtW has disappeared ?

There are rumors that Dim created Bitcoins and that SAS has invested millions in it.

So who is mining them ? It was 3$ a year ago and its now 100$ and just a week ago it was worth 250$.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

I tried:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...-bitcoins.html

I really should listen to myself sometimes. Was considering buying some dedicated hardware for it then but just didn't have the time. I think the Cyprus woes helped to ramp the price up. Mate of mine who bailed most of his at 12 quid and the rest at 52 is feeling a little sore.

This made me laugh:
    BBC News - Skype trojan forces Bitcoin mining, security firm warns

Comment

I posted a linky a couple of days ago - article about a price crash.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Is it because AtW has disappeared ?

Comment

Possibly inspired by this thread, and possibly not, well-known tech entrepreneur/investor Paul Graham has an interesting (crazy?) theory about bitcoin's origins: Ask HN: Why would a government have created Bitcoin? :tinfoilhat:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Possibly inspired by this thread, and possibly not, well-known tech entrepreneur/investor Paul Graham has an interesting (crazy?) theory about bitcoin's origins: Ask HN: Why would a government have created Bitcoin? :tinfoilhat:
            No economist would create a currency which didn't allow inflation.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Interesting post by Hal Finney, crypto veteran and very early bitcoin adopter: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?to...833#msg1643833

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                No economist would create a currency which didn't allow inflation.
                Correction - no Govt would allow a currency that they can't print at will.

Bitcoin hype is pretty amusing - we'll hear more soon once the suckers who bought them lose most of the money.

Comment

Having spent a few minutes looking into this on the internet I am still none the wiser to what bitcoins are, what you do with them, how you mine then and what the hell you're supposed to do. I also read that they've gone up a huge amount, people are making a fortune. & they're something to do with Thatcher.

Where do I buy some?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Where do I buy some?
                    In the pub.

Look for a rough looking bloke who offers them half price.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X