• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid journalists who propagated the MMR scare

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid journalists who propagated the MMR scare

Just too many ignorant people around (quite a few on this forum): people who don't understand science, don't understand risk, are just plain thick.
    And that fooking loon Dr. Wakefield who started it all is still peddling his crap, thankfully not in the UK.
    And because of him and some ignorant journos, people in Wales are going to die from Measles FFS - a perfectly preventable disease in the 21st century.

I despair of the human stupidity I see around me.
    Last edited by sasguru; 14 April 2013, 18:26.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Wife went fruit loop when she seen SKY news reading out Wakefield's statement, then they showed a clip of him from the 90s saying that there was a risk. I switched over quickly.

The research was a complete farce, an autistic child could have done better.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Just too many ignorant people around (quite a few on this forum): people who don't understand science, don't understand risk, are just plain thick.
      And that fooking loon Dr. Wakefield who started it all is still peddling his crap, thankfully not in the UK.
      And because of him and some ignorant journos, people in Wales are going to die from Measles FFS - a perfectly preventable disease in the 21st century.

Indeed, but a basic understanding of Darwinian natural selection can be quite reassuring.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

To be fair Sas when the majority of the politicians and journalists who propagated that nonsense in this country, only have basic qualifications in Science and obviously none in statistics what do you expect?

Also the Blairs didn't help by refusing to say whether their baby son was vaccinated. If they had simply said Leo (or whatever his name is) is vaccinated other parents would have done the same.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The problem is the uneducated relies on trusted publications, in this case The Lancet, the journos either through ignorance for sensationalism or just plain lazy work propagates it, but avoid admitting when proven wrong.

How many times have we seen a paper print a retraction to a page one story which is buried on page 30
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

At least people around here dont go promoting ridiculous scares that will cost people their lives
            that's one thing you and I have in common.
            except for you

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              At least people around here dont go promoting ridiculous scares that will cost people their lives
              that's one thing you and I have in common.
              except for you

Any population contains a certain percentage of loons/low IQ/slightly batty useful idiots like yourself.
              But usually the world ignores your yapping and carries on.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Indeed, but a basic understanding of Darwinian natural selection can be quite reassuring.
                However this is progressive darwinism.. those with stupidity genes get to breed, but then effectively kill their own kids.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In fairness if something is published after peer review in an high impact journal, you can't blame journalists for reporting that.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
                    In fairness if something is published after peer review in an high impact journal, you can't blame journalists for reporting that.
                    yes you can
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X