• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who decided on the (in all but name) State Funeral for Lady Thatcher?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who decided on the (in all but name) State Funeral for Lady Thatcher?

I'm curious to know how the decision was reached, and by whom.

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I'm curious to know how the decision was reached, and by whom.
    Tony Blair.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I believe it was agreed with her in advance.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Long and short of it, Thatcher herself agreed to it
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thanks - I was just curious.

Comment

Me - big whoop - you wanna fight about it?
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Long and short of it, Thatcher herself agreed to it
              So if I decide I want a massive funeral paid for by the state all I've got to do is say? LOL

Surely there must be some sort of rule/procedure. Like all ex-prime ministers get this?
              Would be interested to see what happened to the last one that died (who was it? anyone know?).

Whatever your political opinion, surely it all depends on what the protocol/procedure in place is? Just cos you don't like here you can't deny her if its been done previously.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                So if I decide I want a massive funeral paid for by the state all I've got to do is say? LOL

Surely there must be some sort of rule/procedure. Like all ex-prime ministers get this?
                Would be interested to see what happened to the last one that died (who was it? anyone know?).

Whatever your political opinion, surely it all depends on what the protocol/procedure in place is? Just cos you don't like here you can't deny her if its been done previously.
                If it hadn't been for Thatcher you would have been Arfur Scargill's house gimp. £10M is cheap.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You lot like like your rules don't you? You cannot seem to function without them.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

BBC News - Prime ministers' funerals from Pitt to Heath

In Thatcher's case, she was a war leader, hence the Military funeral. Whatever the arrangements, there would have been a sizable security bill.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X