• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

BBC News - Boston Marathon hit by explosions

Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon race have left an unknown number of people injured.

Video and photographs from Boston show a scene of confusion, with emergency services descending on the scene and bloodied spectators being taken to a medical tent.
    One could be a terrible accident, but two explosions means it has to be deliberate
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

One American TV journo reports seeing people's legs blown off: https://twitter.com/JackieBrunoNECN/...76567950426113

Comment

And timed to get a large number of people. Poor sods.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Jesus, that's totally terrible.

Interestingly the Telegraph reports: "Police are reportedly telling people not to use mobile phones in the area, for fear it could set off the other devices."

I think that might be a case of not letting uncensored footage entering the public arena, but despite the minor cynicism, what a horrible, horrible happening.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Jesus, that's totally terrible.

Interestingly the Telegraph reports: "Police are reportedly telling people not to use mobile phones in the area, for fear it could set off the other devices."

I think that might be a case of not letting uncensored footage entering the public arena, but despite the minor cynicism, what a horrible, horrible happening.
          Sensible precaution. There's already shedloads of footage and photos out there - it was being broadcast live on television.

Comment

I think its more to do with leaving the airwaves open for emergancy calls
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              I think its more to do with leaving the airwaves open for emergancy calls
              Now being reported that they've turned off all cellular service in Boston to prevent any further remote detonations. Presumably they have something similar to the UK's system (used on 7/7 IIRC) whereby only authorised phones belonging to emergency services can get on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Now being reported that they've turned off all cellular service in Boston to prevent any further remote detonations. Presumably they have something similar to the UK's system (used on 7/7 IIRC) whereby only authorised phones belonging to emergency services can get on the network.
                That would make better sense rather than "for fear it could set off the other devices". Same as the mobile phone/petrol station scenario when you have hot exhausts/ignition systems and no earthing wire to the car.

I've just seen some of the horrible photos from a previous CUK thread - really saddening...
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  And timed to get a large number of people. Poor sods.
                  Does anyone know if it was as the first people were finishing, or the last, or what? As well as the shock of being there as it went off, imagine all those who were still running and suddenly found themselves, totally exhausted, at the scene of the explosion.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Does anyone know if it was as the first people were finishing, or the last, or what? As well as the shock of being there as it went off, imagine all those who were still running and suddenly found themselves, totally exhausted, at the scene of the explosion.
                    It was four hours after the start, so it was all the amateur runners by that time

Just read that some of those still running carried on all the way to the hospital to give blood

Comment

Working...
                    X