• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fecking agents really do think they own us....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fecking agents really do think they own us....

Go this in my LinedIn inbox...

Hi XXX,

I trust you’re well.

I came across your profile whilst doing some generic searching on here and was keen to briefly introduce myself.

I realise you may not being looking for work at present and I’m not pitching any opportunities but was keen to strike up some communication for the future. Currently I head up our London Java division here at Monarch and am keen to stay on your radar if you ever did need advice or assistance.

I also own a group of London Java professionals, enabling networking and technological discussion (the link is on my front page) - do feel free to join.

Thanks
    YYY
    Set him straight...

Hey YYY,

Surely it's illegal in this day and age to own a group of Java professionals, even as an Agent? Set them free... or at least cut them in on a slice of your action for god's sake; they're human beings!

As for myself I am available for contract opportunities from the 18th May - Senior Java type stuff in c. London / Surrey area if you have anything like that on your books around then.

And if we do get an opportunity to work together, I can assure you, I will be reviewing the contract very carefully for "ownership" type terms.

Have a great evening and don't forget to feed the Java Profs.

Best wishes,
    XXX

FWIW I've worked through Monarch several times, and they're one of the better agencies.

Comment

I thought they did own us?

Comment

Luckily DA will have lost the receipt.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Luckily DA will have lost the receipt.

touche
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

I thought they did own us?

And don't you forget it
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
            X