• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviews

I am about to interview some bloke for a job. I have no idea what the job is. Wish me luck.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I am about to interview some bloke for a job. I have no idea what the job is. Wish me luck.
    Don't forget the classic question "Can you name a time when you have bribed an interviewer to get a job?"
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Good luck!

Work on the basis of can you talk to the chap and see that he understands what you are saying and why. Then decide if you could sit in a bar and have a beer at the end of the week then work from there...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Good luck!

Work on the basis of can you talk to the chap and see that he understands what you are saying and why. Then decide if you could sit in a bar and have a beer at the end of the week then work from there...
          I'll never have to work with him. It is one of those utterly random things I shouldn't be doing. Best dealt with the way you deal with the GF when she's giving you jobs you don't want. **** it up so spectacularly they never ask you again.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

If he is good, and knows his stuff he should be able to tell you what the job is himself
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Here's a list of questions to get you started - see how close he gets to the answers.

#10: What do you want out of life?
              – World peace, 2.5 kids, 3 holidays a year & a season ticket at Old Trafford.

#9: You are offered a better paid job by a competitor, would you take that job over this one?
              – ditto

#8: Why should we hire you?
              - I’m dating the boss’s daughter and my sense of humor.

#7: What interests you about this company?
              - Working with you and 10 mins less of a commute every day

#6: How would your last manager describe you?
              - 6ft and needing to to lose a few pounds.

#5: Do you work well as part of a team?
              - Yes of course well except on Mondays & Friday afternoons.

#4: If you were an animal what would you be?
              - Mmm let me see now, mammal, omnivore, member of the primate family, smarter than a chimp & invented civilisation.

#3: Have you ever lied?
              – No.

#2: What are your weaknesses?
              - Workaholic, Jaffa cakes & a compulsion to answer silly questions.

#1: Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years?
              – In a mirror.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                Here's a list of questions to get you started - see how close he gets to the answers.

#9: You are offered a better paid job by a competitor, would you take that job over this one?
                – ditto

- Mmm let me see now, mammal, omnivore, member of the primate family, smarter than a chimp & invented civilisation.

– No.

– In a mirror.

HTH
                haha!, yeah, go the whole hog, all the cheesiest permie questions you can think of!

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

– ditto

– No.

– In a mirror.

HTH
                  Loving #2 and #6
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You should have a pretty good idea in the first 20 seconds of meeting him. I find second rounds harder when you had to actually do some digging to find out about them.

First couple of minutes and you will know if he is the arrogant guy, the useless quite one, the talker knows nothing type etc so can filter the first group out quite easily.

Check his handshake, quality of his suit and cufflinks and his attitude as he greets you. That will sort half of them out before you get to the interview room
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X