• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV Review?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Review?

Hello, I've tried searching but it ignores CV as a search term.

I'm just wondering if there is a good site to get a free CV review. I've googled and seen some (such as reed offering one via 'thefullercv.com'), but I don't know if they're any good.

Also as a contractor, do you put things like a personal profile, education and hobbies on your CV? The guidelines on this site seem to suggest shying away from hobbies, but I wonder if I should cut out my background (a couple of paragraphs explaining some key sections of my career path), education and hobbies and just make it more plain and clinical.

Any thoughts on this?
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Have a look at the First Timers guide on the right.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I improved my CV though advice I found on this forum IT Contractor CV Writing: CUK's IT Contractor CV Template :: Contractor UK http://www.contractoruk.com/cv/what_..._an_agent.html, then had it reviewed by some of the regulars on here.

It only cost me a few beers
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ooh thanks, didn't spot the template but I did read the guide!
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Are you going to listen to, and understand any advice in this thread?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Are you going to listen to, and understand any advice in this thread?
            It's general, I'll wait till I see the advice first
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You can always post your CV here for comment.
              It is very important to put your hobbies on you CV as it helps with your career path
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

But don't worry about 'only 2 pages' - I reckon that 3 pages is a good number for a CV.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  You can always post your CV here for comment.
                  It is very important to put your hobbies on you CV as it helps with your career path
                  And a recent photo. And a link to your facebook account.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    And a recent photo. And a link to your facebook account.
                    Nah, from just the CV we can get all that info anyway
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X