PDA

View Full Version : Thatcher Funeral- Unofficial Lets Get Ready To Rumble Thread

SimonMac
17th April 2013, 08:36
:rolleyes:

eek
17th April 2013, 08:38
:rolleyes:

This thread is a trademark infringement. See Michael Buffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Buffer)

Its why the PJ and Duncan song became lets get ready to rhumble.

DodgyAgent
17th April 2013, 08:38
Will the hypocretins be out today? or will they be off shopping thus fuelling the materialistic greed bestowed upon them by Thatcherism :laugh:laugh

original PM
17th April 2013, 08:42
I hate Thatcher because

She closed down my coal mine (thus giving me and my children a chance to not have work 12 hours a day digging rocks out of the ground so I could earn just enoight to die a horrible death of blacklung at 50)

She took away my school mile (oh apparently she did not)

Hmm think I am in the wrong thread!

SimonMac
17th April 2013, 08:45
I hate Thatcher because

She closed down my coal mine (thus giving me and my children a chance to not have work 12 hours a day digging rocks out of the ground so I could earn just enoight to die a horrible death of blacklung at 50)

She took away my school mile (oh apparently she did not)

Hmm think I am in the wrong thread!

Its ok, we are in General so facts don't need to be factual.

Like most people I don't hate the woman, because I was too young to be directly effected by her policies, my parents weren't miners or in a union so never saw her break them, but growing up in the 80's meant I benefited from her economic that lifted the country as a whole.

darmstadt
17th April 2013, 08:51
Will the hypocretins be out today? or will they be off shopping thus fuelling the materialistic greed bestowed upon them by Thatcherism :laugh:laugh

Is it a national holiday as well? Do schoolkids all get little Union Jacks to wave? Will there be street parties with "knees up muvver Brown"? If not, then I suspect most people are working which is probably what she would have wanted...

Mich the Tester
17th April 2013, 08:52
Its ok, we are in General so facts don't need to be factual.

Like most people I don't hate the woman, because I was too young to be directly effected by her policies, my parents weren't miners or in a union so never saw her break them, but growing up in the 80's meant I benefited from her economic that lifted the country as a whole.

She didn't get everything right (who does?), but at least she didn't hate success, which is something it seems a lot of politicians do. She also understood that you can't tax yourself to wealth and happiness, and I wish she had found the chance to explain that to the Dutch government.

DodgyAgent
17th April 2013, 09:53
Is it a national holiday as well? Do schoolkids all get little Union Jacks to wave? Will there be street parties with "knees up muvver Brown"? If not, then I suspect most people are working which is probably what she would have wanted...

You contractors can take whatever time you want off to spend the riches you have earned thanks to Thatcherism

shaunbhoy
17th April 2013, 11:37
You contractors can take whatever time you want off to spend the riches you have earned thanks to Thatcherism

But surely that would mean you losing your "value-add" percentage too?

:tongue

DodgyAgent
17th April 2013, 11:38
But surely that would mean you losing your "value-add" percentage too?

:tongue

You have a point :o

FiveTimes
17th April 2013, 11:39
This thread is a trademark infringement. See Michael Buffer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Buffer)

Its why the PJ and Duncan song became lets get ready to rhumble.

As of 2009, Buffer had earned over $400 million from licensing on the trademark. :eek

proggy
17th April 2013, 11:41
As of 2009, Buffer had earned over $400 million from licensing on the trademark. :eek

Only in America could you trademark a sentence.