• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hope I don't get this one!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had an interview from hell

The first question asked?
    What do you want out of life?
    To make matters worse he had half an egg yolk down the front of his shirt, he stank of BO and had a hair cut even Duncan Goodhew wouldn't envy
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

To make matters worse he had half an egg yolk down the front of his shirt, he stank of BO and had a hair cut even Duncan Goodhew wouldn't envy
    SAS is hiring?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      SAS is hiring?
      Nah, MF
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Go on tell us - what was your answer?

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Nah, MF
          Actually it's mayo.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Actually it's smegma.
            ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I have had two interviews this week. One was a technical test to which I hit a wall as my Qt environment locked and would not debug so I had to email the code to myself and reboot into windows - which then crashed. Eventually I got MSDEV working and ran out of time. Sent what I had, emailed the agent and Windows crashed again. Luckily I did not want the job but I did want the test experience, which I have now added to the list of sample programs that I can quickly write.

Today's was one over the phone with someone sitting in a horribly echoy room. Got the old 'describe yourself in 3 words question' I stick with the reply 'resourceful, vengeful, violent'. Still it was experience and I have bagged the questions and added them to my interview revision doc for when I get an interview I want after the gig here finishes.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I remember a mate of mine telling me about an interview where he was asked 'what do you like about the environment here?'

He said 'I like the way everyone is on first name terms, like I was saying to, errr, wotsisname.....'

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

What did you answer?
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    I remember a mate of mine telling me about an interview where he was asked 'what do you like about the environment here?'

He said 'I like the way everyone is on first name terms, like I was saying to, errr, wotsisname.....'
                    Classsic!
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                    X