• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Schoolgirl error

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schoolgirl error

Client asks me "Is it possible to do abc?"

"Let's have a look," says I and type it into google, with client sitting next to me.

"Yes, we just need to set property xyz" Less than 2 minutes later, it was done.

"I could have done that" says client.

Sorry folks - I think I just gave the game away....

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

"Let's have a look," says I and type it into google, with client sitting next to me.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

hammer story.

it costs:
      $1 for hammer
      $9,999 for knowing where to hit it.

No what you have done is created a great revenue stream as the client left to their own devices will almost certainly use a chainsaw.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Sorry folks - I think I've just done myself out of an extension....
        ftfy

Comment

loolz just had a similar situation here (without client looking over shoulder!)

It amazes me how many people will look for any other option up to and including threats, dummy spitting and other such childish behaviour when all they need to do was google it...

Comment

..."I could have done that" says client...
            "Yes, you could have. However, I'm so highly paid because I go that extra step and actually do it."
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That's a week's worth of work you've just done yourself out of

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                loolz just had a similar situation here (without client looking over shoulder!)

It amazes me how many people will look for any other option up to and including threats, dummy spitting and other such childish behaviour when all they need to do was google it...
                I used to say that you pay for my expertise and memory. Nowadays you pay for my google expertise.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

"Why did you bother me with it then?"
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I recently worked on a secure site with no access to internet, google etc. It was really hard work!
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X