• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tales from a grumpy imigrant part 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tales from a grumpy imigrant part 2

So the car is in the garage to be inspected. I suspect the water pump has failed. She just about made it home the other night, with regular pit stops to let her cool down. The last 2 miles of the journey there was nowhere to legally or even safely stop so she was in the red on the temperature gauge.

Drove her to Gutersloh this morning, again taking regular pit stops to let her cool down. One time I started her and she ran like a lawn mower for 30 seconds with steam coming on the back. Then it cleared and she ran ok.

This is one garage bill I am dreading. It never rains but it tulips down on you like a herd of overfed cattle with amoebic dysentery.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Replace your car. Start here; Gebrauchtwagen Jahreswagen Neuwagen
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Replace your car. Start here; Gebrauchtwagen Jahreswagen Neuwagen
      Dude I love the car like a redneck loves his sister. Plus I just spent £440 on her last MOT and getting the braking system rebuilt. Would you really dip the car for a few hundred euros because of a blown head gasket?

Comment

Oh Crap

I did this to a Vauxhall Cavalier once upon a time. You have probably ruined the engine, blown the head gasket and warped the head if you have overheated it the way that you have described.

Despite being a virtually bomb proof engine, my poor little Cav was never the same afterwards..

Good luck
        Last edited by bobspud; 18 April 2013, 07:34. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Dude I love the car like a redneck loves his sister. Plus I just spent £440 on her last MOT and getting the braking system rebuilt. Would you really dip the car for a few hundred euros because of a blown head gasket?
          If it needs that much work, yes, especially given that you're in Deutschland where there are millions of excellent and well maintained second hand cars (German MOTs are strict, so cars have to be well maintained) for sale at reasonable prices.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            Oh Crap

I did this to a Vauxhall Cavalier once upon a time. You have probably ruined the engine, blown the head gasket and warped the head if you have overheated it the way that you have described.

Despite being a virtually bomb proof engine, my poor little Cav was never the same afterwards..

Good luck
            Oh good.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              So the car is in the garage to be inspected. I suspect the water pump has failed. She just about made it home the other night, with regular pit stops to let her cool down. The last 2 miles of the journey there was nowhere to legally or even safely stop so she was in the red on the temperature gauge.

Drove her to Gutersloh this morning, again taking regular pit stops to let her cool down. One time I started her and she ran like a lawn mower for 30 seconds with steam coming on the back. Then it cleared and she ran ok.

This is one garage bill I am dreading. It never rains but it tulips down on you like a herd of overfed cattle with amoebic dysentery.

More likely to be a cracked cylinder head
              HTH
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                More likely to be a cracked cylinder head
                HTH
                Better than a cracked block.

HTH

Comment

ouch, grab the lube.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yep me too twice, when the engine is billowing steam it means it´s f***ed.

You need to take it into the garage like straight away, where it will probably be pronunced dead and then they ask you if they should sell it for scrap.
                    Last edited by BlasterBates; 18 April 2013, 08:56.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X