• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin mining

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bitcoin mining

I'm surprised this hasn't piqued the interest of anyone here, using high end GPU's to mine blocks, after all each block is "worth" about $5000.

There's Bitcoins in them there GPU's!!!

Yee ha!!

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't piqued the interest of anyone here, using high end GPU's to mine blocks, after all each block is "worth" about $5000.

Yee ha!!
    The average block takes about a year to process
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      The average block takes about a year to process
      Solar panels on yer roof to power the rig, and that's $5000 a year for nowt.

Comment

As it gets harder to mine them, the price will surely rise!

I'm a Bitcoin billionaire in the making!

Comment

Yee ha!!
          Was thinking that of using Techila and Matlab
          Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

It's got all the geek ingredients.

High end cryptography, homebrew number crunching rigs, money making, hacking and security, somewhat shady....

Comment

Yee ha!!
              Just for a bit of fun I started mining them a year ago. I mentioned Bitcoin on this forum and there was no interest at the time. It is only after publicity that people show interest
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Left wing controlled BBC are calling for Bitcoin miners to be imprisoned.

BBC News - Bitcoin miners generating high energy bills

Comment

Working...
                X