• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

National Insurance Contributions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Insurance Contributions

Hi,

I currently commute from UK to norway to work in the office in Norway. I am employed by an agent to work for an norwegian oil company.

I do not have an A1/E101 since I have been working in Norway on this basis for more than ten years, hence I pay norwegian National Insurance.

Soon my working situation will change I will work 50% from UK home office and 50% in Norway office.

I understand that the EU basis for National Insurance contributions is that NI should only be paid to one member state when working for one employer in two member states.

My agent is proposing that when my new working arrangement starts, my UK based work will be paid via their UK ltd company and my Norwegian based work will be paid via their Norwegian AS.
    My agent then says that I pay NI to both the UK and to Norway on each element of work, since I now have two diferent employers, not one.

Is the payment of NI to two different countries correct in this instance, or should all my NI payments be going to one country?

Thanks

Originally posted by DTL View Post
    Hi,

I currently commute from UK to norway to work in the office in Norway. I am employed by an agent to work for an norwegian oil company.

I do not have an A1/E101 since I have been working in Norway on this basis for more than ten years, hence I pay norwegian National Insurance.

Soon my working situation will change I will work 50% from UK home office and 50% in Norway office.

I understand that the EU basis for National Insurance contributions is that NI should only be paid to one member state when working for one employer in two member states.

My agent is proposing that when my new working arrangement starts, my UK based work will be paid via their UK ltd company and my Norwegian based work will be paid via their Norwegian AS.
    My agent then says that I pay NI to both the UK and to Norway on each element of work, since I now have two diferent employers, not one.

Is the payment of NI to two different countries correct in this instance, or should all my NI payments be going to one country?

Thanks
    Why don't you set up a UK limited company to bill the agent? Then you pay no NI on dividends, but pay yourself enough salary to qualify for the UK state pension & benefits - hence the reason for paying NI.

Cannot comment on Norweigan NI rules I'm afraid!

Comment

Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not want to set up my own UK ltd company as I will be within IR35.

Comment

Working...
      X