PDA

View Full Version : She's Back - why was I born so Beautiful

vetran
18th April 2013, 11:04
Samantha Brick: Joan Collins is right. Any woman who wants to stay beautiful needs to diet every day | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2310797/Samantha-Brick-Joan-Collins-right-Any-woman-wants-stay-beautiful-needs-diet-day.html)

I'm just like Joan Collins! - pure click bait gotta to hand it to her

When my husband and I invited friends to dinner, I knew they'd want to bring something along as a contribution to the evening and made a point of saying that wasn't necessary.

So when one friend arrived and thrust a hefty box of chocolates into my hands, I rewarded her with ice-cold contempt rather than the grateful smile she was clearly expecting.

At the end of the evening, that very expensive box of hand-made French chocolates was consigned to the bottom of the kitchen bin, the contents ruined by the coffee dregs I had deliberately poured over them.

I am 42 years old and have been on a permanent diet for the past 30 years. The logic is simple and irrefutable: any self-respecting woman wants to be thin, and to be thin you need to spend your life on a diet.

I don't believe overweight is ever attractive. Whether we like it or not, we live in an age and a part of the world where men and women regard thin as beautiful.

As an actress, this is something Joan Collins understands only too well, revealing last week that the secret to maintaining a perfect hourglass figure into your 70s is spending every day on a diet.

Joan, 79, said she controlled her weight during a long career so that she could stay in work - an entirely laudable attitude.

Like Joan, I have no intention of letting my body slide flabbily into middle age. I believe that any woman with a modicum of self-respect should watch her figure with the same vigour. Is it any coincidence that Joan is still attractive and in demand for work?

SimonMac
18th April 2013, 11:06
stop reading the daily mail!!!!!

vetran
18th April 2013, 11:13

why its free amusement.

MyUserName
18th April 2013, 11:14
So eating a healthy diet is good for you???!?!?!

SimonMac
18th April 2013, 11:16
why its free amusement.

No, its only purpose is to drive advertising revenue for The Daily Mail, they get more people reading these types of stories than real journalism.

Pondlife
18th April 2013, 11:16
So eating a healthy diet is good for you???!?!?!

Reading the Daily Mail however, is not! :tantrum:

SimonMac
18th April 2013, 11:21
Reading the Daily Mail however, is not! :tantrum:

The Daily Mail’s List Of Things That Give You Cancer: From A To Z (http://www.anorak.co.uk/288298/scare-stories/the-daily-mails-list-of-things-that-give-you-cancer-from-a-to-z.html/)

DimPrawn
18th April 2013, 11:24

http://rockc3.com/wp-content/uploads/Yeah-What-He-Said-Web1-620x276.jpg

vetran
18th April 2013, 11:41
The latest Internet craze: pet cats with a slice of bread on their heads - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/picture-galleries/9056444/The-latest-Internet-craze-pet-cats-with-a-slice-of-bread-on-their-heads.html)

Kitten Covers: famous album sleeves remade featuring cats - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/8884382/Kitten-Covers-famous-album-sleeves-remade-featuring-cats.html)

Sam the cat with worried eyebrows becomes an Internet sensation - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/picture-galleries/9857250/Sam-the-cat-with-worried-eyebrows-becomes-an-Internet-sensation.html)

any better?

cojak
18th April 2013, 11:46
Stupid, sour-faced cow.

Where's the grace? Where's the restraint?

It's in the French, that's where.

So you want to be a victim? Go on a diet and make sure that everyone you know pays for it.

If you want to be a normal, well-balanced (in all senses of the word) person, see your food intake as a life style choice that you make.

Ooh, that type makes me so mad! :tantrum:

d000hg
18th April 2013, 12:02
any self-respecting woman wants to be thin, and to be thin you need to spend your life on a diet. 0/2 but good try love.

EternalOptimist
18th April 2013, 13:26
Stupid, sour-faced cow.

So you want to be a victim? Go on a diet and make sure that everyone you know pays for it.

If you want to be a normal, well-balanced (in all senses of the word) person, see your food intake as a life style choice that you make.

ooh she makes me mad. mad mad mad. very mad
still like to slip her a crippler though

:rolleyes:

Bunk
18th April 2013, 13:32
:rollin:

There is nothing that signifies failure better than fat

Brilliant, and people still fall for this tulip.

vetran
18th April 2013, 14:16
still like to slip her a crippler though

I think it would need to be the Bacon Lollipop option, you don't want to hear her talk.

LisaContractorUmbrella
18th April 2013, 15:04
Stupid, sour-faced cow.

:banana::banana: Damn right! Woman is totally vacuous :cretin:

shaunbhoy
18th April 2013, 15:16
Stupid, sour-faced cow.

And breathe................. :wink

MyUserName
18th April 2013, 15:26
And breathe................. :wink

Then get back in the kitchen

FiveTimes
18th April 2013, 15:38
Then get back in the kitchen

and make a sandwich

NickFitz
18th April 2013, 15:39
Sadly the Mailwatch forum (http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/forum/) had a bit of a tidy-up recently, but until then the thread devoted to this gurning imbecile rejoiced in the title "Samantha Brick, Teaser of Prick" :D

vetran
18th April 2013, 15:58
Thanks Nick

I'm off to holiday at mailwatch!

Before I knew it another year raced by, punctuated by me driving at great speed with samples of sperm nestled between my breasts to deliver at the correct temperature for testing at our nearest laboratory.

----------------------

Wouldn't it have been better to have the sperm in sample bottles?

mudskipper
18th April 2013, 17:25
Stupid woman. Obviously the way to stay supermodel thin is to pig all the chocs in one sitting, then go to the bathroom and shove your fingers down your throat...

vetran
18th April 2013, 17:31
Stupid woman. Obviously the way to stay supermodel thin is to pig all the chocs in one sitting, then go to the bathroom and shove your fingers down your throat...

that is quite disturbing.

SandyD
18th April 2013, 18:51
Way to go...Promoting eating disorders to younger teenage girls, giving brilliant ideas about polo diets, Marmite on toast diets
She never mentioned exercise.

Her hubby is chubby too.

vetran
18th April 2013, 19:02
ah missed the sarcasm,

sorry some of us blokes aren't as tuned to bulimia as we should be.

EternalOptimist
18th April 2013, 19:14
This has gotta be my inspiraration for my Plan B

A BOOK. yes, I can see it now

'Ladies. How to keep your man and your job. No ***ing diet required'

Chapter 1 - 'Skinny birds - play em like a xylophone or screw 'em?'
Chapter 2 - 'Bulimic birds -Is it time someone brought this up?'
Chapter 3 - 'How to suck a tennis ball through a hose pipe'
Chapter 4 - 'Where Dyson went wrong'
Chapter 5 - 'Removing the bedsheets from the crack of his @rse'

Sysman
18th April 2013, 19:15

Ayup. Could have given them someone who would have appreciated them* rather than binning them.

e.g. me :D

Sysman
18th April 2013, 19:16
that is quite disturbing.

I have known 4 women at least who have done that.

The first 2 someone else pointed it out.

The third I could recognise the symptoms myself. Disappearing to the bog towards the end of a meal was one of them.

It then happened to a very nice lass at work and it wasn't pleasant to see happening.

SueEllen
18th April 2013, 19:24
If a "friend" gives you a present you don't want or can't use then you regift it.

You can either do it somewhat truthfully i.e. "I've been given a box of chocolates and I'm allergic to them " or just give it to someone for a present.

Oh and I'm sure in one of her last "articles" she stated she didn't have any female friends because they were all jealous of her beauty. :rolleyes:

EternalOptimist
18th April 2013, 19:28
Oh and I'm sure in one of her last "articles" she stated she didn't have any female friends because they were all jealous of her beauty. :rolleyes:

not boasting like, but
I got my little beauty out at a party once , most of my mates were jealous too.

Hostess fainted clean away (I think she got the vapours)

SueEllen
18th April 2013, 19:31
not boasting like, but

I'm sure yours is better looking then she is.

SandyD
18th April 2013, 19:47
I have known 4 women at least who have done that.

The first 2 someone else pointed it out.

The third I could recognise the symptoms myself. Disappearing to the bog towards the end of a meal was one of them.

It then happened to a very nice lass at work and it wasn't pleasant to see happening.

OMG.. going to the bathroom at the end of the meal doesn't mean bulimia !!! I was once on a date, had chicken which got stuck between my teeth, so was a bit concerned about the way it looked, so went to the bathroom to clean my teeth and got back ... and my date was making a lot of hints about bulimia :eek :eek :eyes

SueEllen
18th April 2013, 19:48
OMG.. going to the bathroom at the end of the meal doesn't mean bulimia !!! I was once on a date, had chicken which got stuck between my teeth, so was a bit concerned about the way it looked, so went to the bathroom to clean my teeth and got back ... and my date was making a lot of hints about bulimia :eek :eek :eyes

Sometimes men are simple creatures.

SandyD
18th April 2013, 19:48
If a "friend" gives you a present you don't want or can't use then you regift it.

You can either do it somewhat truthfully i.e. "I've been given a box of chocolates and I'm allergic to them " or just give it to someone for a present.

Not if you believe the gift is poison or evil, you wouldn't pass it on...

I would though :laugh

SueEllen
18th April 2013, 19:49
Not if you believe the gift is poison or evil, you wouldn't pass it on...

I would though :laugh

Why would someone give you poison or an evil gift unless you are that woman?

SandyD
18th April 2013, 19:52
Why would someone give you poison or an evil gift unless you are that woman?

Oh some extreme health (unhealthy) people seriously believe junk food/sugars etc are poison, its the way they psych themselves to never eat the forbidden fruits...

Zippy
18th April 2013, 20:44
The silly bitch has a face like a dropped pie. Oh the irony!

vetran
18th April 2013, 21:13
not boasting like, but

Handsome ferret is he?

Used to know a girl who kept ferrets, she was a laugh.

vetran
18th April 2013, 21:14
I'm sure yours is better looking then she is.

hey up, get your coat EO, you've pulled