PDA

View Full Version : Ex boss just phoned...

Mich the Tester
18th April 2013, 12:20
...can I come and give a training course to his clients in June?

:rollin:

MarillionFan
18th April 2013, 12:21

The company that just canned your arse? Too funny. :rollin:

SimonMac
18th April 2013, 12:22

If the price is right who care's!?

vetran
18th April 2013, 12:23
course you can, take your highest day rate then double it.

Nothing says sorry like lots of money!

Mich the Tester

I shall send a quote. Funny thing is, I'd spoken to that client while I was working for him, and they've now asked for me to give the course.

sasguru

Great opportunity. Start at 5000 Euro per day.

nomadd

Yes.

£1k / day + expenses.

Min. course length 5 days.

:)

Mich the Tester
18th April 2013, 12:25
The best bit is this; it's in June, just after I leave the payroll; if it had been earlier then he could theoretically force me to come in and do it as a permie.

I am going to have to stop laughing before writing my response.

MarillionFan
18th April 2013, 12:39
If the price is right who care's!?

Never go back. It's a bit like a bird you've dumped. The temptation to go back and give her a good rodgering normally ends in tears.

SimonMac
18th April 2013, 12:41
Never go back. It's a bit like a bird you've dumped. The temptation to go back and give her a good rodgering normally ends in tears.

As long as you get the cash up front, why not go for it!

vetran
18th April 2013, 12:45

did it with one ex employer. charged them 3-4 times what they were paying me as a permie. It was a day rate. So I got £450 for 2 hours on a cheque signed by the man who forced me to leave the job.

must have made £10k out of them.:banana:

Not quite like going back with an ex!

MarillionFan
18th April 2013, 12:45
As long as you get the cash up front, why not go for it!

Because you think it's a one off, but they think you've come back. Next thing Mich will go home to find 'I love you Mich, good job' scrawled on his mirror in blood, followed with ranty calls about how he'll never me allowed to test again for anyone else. 'If you dont test for me Mich, no-one can have you'!!!

Be afraid.:eek:

vetran
18th April 2013, 12:49
Because you think it's a one off, but they think you've come back. Next thing Mich will go home to find 'I love you Mich, good job' scrawled on his mirror in blood, followed with ranty calls about how he'll never me allowed to test again for anyone else. 'If you dont test for me Mich, no-one can have you'!!!

Be afraid.:eek:

lock up your bunnies!

Runs With Scissors
18th April 2013, 12:52

Go back. Give them a good rodgering. Go away with lots of money. It's a win-win situation here.....:yay:

Mich the Tester
18th April 2013, 13:04
MF might have a point though; it all looks too good to refuse, but that's often a bad sign.

EternalOptimist
18th April 2013, 13:07
'Originally Posted by Mich the Tester

Fired due to 'irreconcilable professional differences of opinion'!!!

Contracting again! Interview later this week.

For anyone thinking of going permie; DON'T DO IT! I hated every minute of this, and I am delighted to be getting out with two more months salary, some courses paid for and a free laptop.'

Mich
You will be back there in 6 months, on a contract, and they will say 'Mich , you were right all along. That other guy was a cnt'

:rolleyes:

Runs With Scissors
18th April 2013, 13:08
MF might have a point though; it all looks too good to refuse, but that's often a bad sign.

When has MF ever had a good point before, that's what you need to ask yourself......

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. What's the worst that can happen, they've already fired you! :rollin:

Zippy
18th April 2013, 13:10
I shall send a quote. Funny thing is, I'd spoken to that client while I was working for him, and they've now asked for me to give the course.

Wonderful. Charge them a feckin fortune :banana:

MarillionFan
18th April 2013, 13:12
When has MF ever had a good point before, that's what you need to ask yourself......

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. What's the worst that can happen, they've already fired you! :rollin:

I was right about Global warming.

MarillionFan
18th April 2013, 13:12
I was right about Global warming.

Oops. Wrong account. :rolleyes:

istvan
18th April 2013, 13:16

In business there is no retaliation. There is brutal competition, ruthless winning of bids over your competition, and fees as high as the market can bear at any given situation. Go for it and rake in the dough. :yay: