• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: 'Horror' at Prescott as acting PM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: 'Horror' at Prescott as acting PM

'Horror' at Prescott as acting PM
    Originally posted by BBC
    One of the UK's best known former Army commanders in Iraq says he is "filled with horror" at the prospect of John Prescott running Britain this summer.

Mr Prescott usually takes the reins when Tony Blair is abroad on holiday but Colonel Tim Collins says he should not be left in charge of two wars.
    I'm sure he will do a grand job.

Does anyone here really thinks that its PM who runs the country? PM, ministers and MPs all depend on advisors who are the real people that run the country.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      Does anyone here really thinks that its PM who runs the country?
      Yes Alexei, I do. This will probably be the last chance he gets, so I'm sure Mr Prescott will be pulling and pushing those levers of power like a whirling dervish.

I wonder if he will visit the troops?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        I wonder if he will visit the troops?
        Only if they need extra cover from mortars.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

C'mon lass - yer know yer want to!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Advisors? Blair never takes advice. He does a fine job of ruining the country without any.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
            X