• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consolation and solace for all of you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consolation and solace for all of you

If you think you're going to have a crap weekend, well I'm about to set off to spend the whole weekend at a Testers convention in a mediocre hotel near Utrecht.

I shall report when I can get out for a moment.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

wtf do a bunch of testers discuss over a whole weekend? .... surely all you have is an input and an expected output... end of

What's the collective noun for a group of testers?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      wtf do a bunch of testers discuss over a whole weekend?
      How to make empty wine bottles.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

ask the concierge / chef for the best restaurant in the area and make it an adventure.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          wtf do a bunch of testers discuss over a whole weekend? .... surely all you have is an input and an expected output... end of

What's the collective noun for a group of testers?
          Never understood how someone could make an actual career out of what is just a tedious part of software development. Like professional document writers. I would rather claim benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
            Never understood how someone could make an actual career out of what is just a tedious part of software development. Like professional document writers. I would rather claim benefits.
            Spoken like a true child of labour - chav scum

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              If you think you're going to have a crap weekend, well I'm about to set off to spend the whole weekend at a Testers convention in a mediocre hotel near Utrecht.

I shall report when I can get out for a moment.

You have to be tulipting me.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Spoken like a true child of labour - chav scum
                Luckily I don't have too and never have or will. I find people that would accuse another of being a Chav are 99.9% of the time Chavs themselves.

Comment

ok who is NinjaNomyx? Has to be a CUK regular.

Big brother - Playstation edition?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
                    Luckily I don't have too and never have or will.
                    Which implies that you have never done any testing (as you would rather claim benefits) which implies that all of your code is tulip and broken.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X