PDA

View Full Version : This weekend you will be mostly........

norrahe
19th April 2013, 12:49
So what is the general collective up to?

eek
19th April 2013, 12:53

Trying to find more time to do plan b and c. Stopping the twins trying to kill each other.

And for tonight's fun explaining the requirements of being a school governor and how school finance works.

shaunbhoy
19th April 2013, 12:56
Gardening.................probably............

doodab
19th April 2013, 12:58
Bugger all, gracefully.

moggy
19th April 2013, 13:01
Gardening.................probably............

This.. but for my Granddad... good way to get some time with them both too...

MyUserName
Tonight the wife is taking the 4 year old to some Christian youth group which leaves me at home with the 18month old so I will be a climbing frame, taxi, punch bag, chew toy etc.

Tomorrow we have 2 birthday parties and a welcome home party. I wanted to take the 18 month old on a 5k run (in his buggy) but the car broke down so I cannot get spare parts for the also broken down buggy.

Sunday was going to spent watching the kids at church and then sword fighting for a few hours but the broken car has broken that plan too. Maybe I will invite some people over to train or do some practice on the pell in the garden.

Ketchup
Watching QPR get relegated tomorrow, then off to give my support to those running the marathon

alreadypacked
19th April 2013, 13:06
Trying to get the apartment ready to rent for the summer season.

Hanging curtains, recovering seats etc.

BF apartment, how did I get these jobs :confused:

Oh he cooks.

DimPrawn
19th April 2013, 13:08
Trying to get the apartment ready to rent for the summer season.

Hanging curtains, recovering seats etc.

BF apartment, how did I get these jobs :confused:

Oh he cooks.

:laugh

Sucker!

Malcolm Buggeridge
19th April 2013, 13:12
Golf, golf, golf and golf.

I'll also be watching the Mollinari brothers in action on the box.

Pondlife
19th April 2013, 13:14
Tonight: Sweet FA

Sat: Tidy up our garden then go visit the folks and help them do theirs. Prob out for a bite Sat evening.

Sun: Might pop up the driving range for a bucket or two and then meeting some mates for a pint.

Sorry, thanks for asking. And yourself?

EternalOptimist
19th April 2013, 13:17
working.

making a new sql structure live:frown

norrahe
19th April 2013, 13:29
Tonight: Sweet FA

Sat: Tidy up our garden then go visit the folks and help them do theirs. Prob out for a bite Sat evening.

Sun: Might pop up the driving range for a bucket or two and then meeting some mates for a pint.

Sorry, thanks for asking. And yourself?

Tomorrow shopping ( a necessity, unfortunately, I hate shopping)
Tomorrow night: whisky festival
Sunday: recovering from said festival and cooking.

vetran
19th April 2013, 13:58
mini V1 - Sleepover with mate our place
mini V2 - Brownie camp

Mrs V waddling round best she can while Bump is learning to break dance.

Mr V staying out the heck out of the way!
I have 40 pints of Ale to bottle & my Ginger plant is ready. That may be tonight's job.
Lawn needs mowing and I could paint the fences.

Veg garden needs attention.

FiveTimes
19th April 2013, 14:11
tonight football whilst being slightly pissed
tomorrow taking kids swimming while being hungover
tomorrow afternoon shopping
Saturday night drinking vodka
sunday friends over for sunday dinner and roast beef dinner

you ?

norrahe
19th April 2013, 14:30
Whisky festival on sat, so spending Sunday recovering.

Runs With Scissors
19th April 2013, 14:41
Tonight : Curry and beer

Saturday: Out for a wee run on the motorbike, round the wild environs of Ayrshire.

Sunday: Golf in the morning. Making Lemon Drizzle cake and Chocolate Brownies in the afternoon. Eating said confections in the evening. :D

Enjoy your whisky festival. Have a Macallan for me.

Netraider
19th April 2013, 17:08
Saturday - Assistant Referee at two of Ulsters Rugby Cup Finals.
Sunday - Chilling and eating

OwlHoot
19th April 2013, 17:11
By coincidence norrahe's two thread titles will probably be very apt together in my case:

"This weekend you will be" .. "Lost"

I'm driving up to Manchester to exchange my growly old alopecia-ridden Jag with a nice 10 years' newer model :smokin

But I've only visited it a couple of times, 20 years ago, and they've probably built loads of new roads and roundabouts since then to confuse everyone.

NotAllThere
19th April 2013, 17:25
I'll shall be writing a 1000 word essay on reformed epistemology, specifically attempting to answer the question: "Can a Reformed Epistemologist make a successful distinction between belief in the God of Judaism, Christianity or Islam and belief in the Great Pumpkin?".

I'll also be pruning my roses.

SimonMac
19th April 2013, 17:28
I'll shall be writing a 1000 word essay on reformed epistemology, specifically attempting to answer the question: "Can a Reformed Epistemologist make a successful distinction between belief in the God of Judaism, Christianity or Islam and belief in the Great Pumpkin?".

I'll also be pruning my roses.

See my sig

nomadd
19th April 2013, 17:34

Reading. On my new Kindle Paperwhite.

tranceporter
19th April 2013, 17:36
Travelling to central London for a Thames river cruise, kathi kebab in Oxford circus, and exiting Lonfon before that marathon begins. Chill out at friends place and back home on Sunday.

tranceporter
19th April 2013, 17:37
Reading. On my new Kindle Paperwhite.

London. On Fecking Late Western.

NotAllThere
19th April 2013, 17:38
See my sigPithy, debatable and... I don't see how it helps with my roses.

mudskipper
19th April 2013, 17:58
Parkrun tomorrow am. Seem to be getting unfitter by the week, so aim is just to get round.

Mountain of washing.

Finishing essay for OU course - when this one's gone I will be just one essay away from a degree :banana:

Sister and her family returning on Sunday for a couple of days before flying back to Oz.

Might try and get out on the bike if the sun is shining and motivation doesn't fail.

NickFitz
19th April 2013, 18:07
Tonight: heading to the pub to celebrate the news I got when having my timesheet signed that ClientCo won't be renewing, so I only have one more week of :bang:

Tomorrow: recovering from tonight - I think I must be getting old :o

Sunday: may summon up the energy to do a bit of much-needed spring cleaning around the flat. Or maybe not :rolleyes:

eek
19th April 2013, 18:08
Tonight: heading to the pub to celebrate the news I got when having my timesheet signed that ClientCo won't be renewing, so I only have one more week of :bang:

Commiserations. Would some rep cheer you up slightly?

eek
19th April 2013, 18:09
Finishing essay for OU course - when this one's gone I will be just one essay away from a degree :banana:

:banana: :banana: :music:

NickFitz
19th April 2013, 18:28
Commiserations. Would some rep cheer you up slightly?

Ta, but I'm not really bothered. It was a month, with the possibility of a bit longer, filling in for a lack of permies. It's just been tweaking existing stuff, not doing anything new. There isn't really much left to do on the bits I've been working on anyway, and apparently there isn't anything else to move on to. It's made a bit of a change, but I won't be sorry to move on. It's about time I started contributing to Premier Inn's bottom line again :)

EternalOptimist
19th April 2013, 18:33
Ta, but I'm not really bothered. It was a month, with the possibility of a bit longer, filling in for a lack of permies. It's just been tweaking existing stuff, not doing anything new. There isn't really much left to do on the bits I've been working on anyway, and apparently there isn't anything else to move on to. It's made a bit of a change, but I won't be sorry to move on. It's about time I started contributing to Premier Inn's bottom line again :)

ah so.
how's the old ticker these days ? does it cramp your style ?

Pogle
19th April 2013, 18:45
Drinking, baking bread and considering the garden...

Lockhouse
19th April 2013, 18:47
We were meant to go to the theatre this evening to see The Audience with Helen Mirren and had a table booked at The Delaunay afterwards but the missus went down with food poisoning so have had to cancel both. :ohwell

It rather puts paid to me making home made chicken tikka on Sunday as well.

Whatever you're doing, enjoy.

NickFitz
19th April 2013, 18:51
ah so.
how's the old ticker these days ? does it cramp your style ?

No, not at all - it's been absolutely fine ever since the angioplasty :)

Can't say the same for the hangovers, unfortunately :frown

EternalOptimist
19th April 2013, 18:52
No, not at all - it's been absolutely fine ever since the angioplasty :)

Can't say the same for the hangovers, unfortunately :frown

heh heh.

same here. I watch what I drink now, I never used to.

still a hell of a lot mind

RSoles
19th April 2013, 19:55
Trees, trees and more trees.
I had about a dozen trees taken down in the gardens last September, they've been sitting on the lawn ever since. I cut a further six in Feb, ditto.
Contract finished last month so I had meant to do it earlier, but the snow, which has now mostly gone, meant I didn't have the opportunity to retrieve these.

This weekend's job is to log, split, stack , log, split, stack , log, split, stack ,

Peoplesoft bloke
19th April 2013, 20:00
Welding and taking the other jalopy to impromptu car show.

alreadypacked
22nd April 2013, 07:38
Weekend postoned due to SNOW FFS :mad