• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sinclairs new bike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinclairs new bike

Sinclairs got a new invention. A folding bike

Trip angle? He maybe has heard of it.

Give the man credit though, I would never in a million years think I could get away with selling something so dangerous to the public. Wonder what his product liability insurance is like?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Why should there be product liability on this one? If you are dumb enough to buy it then you suffer the consequences!

Mailman

Comment

Hopefully the width of those tiny wheels is less than the width of the slots in our grids.
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

My god. He's still alive. I don't know how considering he manages to make SFA from his inventions!
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

I won a Zike once. Crap doesn't cover it. I had the battery charger replaced twice. A totally different design was supplied each time. None of them worked properly. I have seen pictures of Zike with proper chains but mine had a heavy duty elastic band. It used to bunch up under tension then slip and go clack. In the few months I had it I only managed to cover about 5 miles. Sinclair didn't want to know. The local dealers who had stocked them said that they were a total joke. In the end the competition promoter gave me the value of Zike (£500) and told me I could keep it. I subsequently sold to some guy who didn't mind that it didn't work as he thought it would become a collectors item

This netted me an additional £120
          Last edited by Masher; 13 July 2006, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Bull Electrical were selling bits for C5s for donkey's years...
            From what I understand, C5 motors are still held in high regard and are much sought after. It's all the other bits that were so pointless.

Only possibly useful option I can think of for this new folding thing is to take it on holiday if you're staying in a very flat and clean holiday village or campsite. I wouldn't use it anywhere near a public road, mainly because of potholes and drain covers as mentioned by others. But smooth paths in a place like Center Parcs or on a good French campsite, would probably be alright.

Comment

C5's are still going strong. Passed one on the M3 this morning. Admittedly, they've gone through a number of redesigns now they're sold by Citroen, but they're still cr@p.

Comment

My friend bought a C5 years ago for £50. The thing that makes me laugh is that someone nicked it! Not a great getaway vehicle!
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                X