PDA

View Full Version : uh oh

Spacecadet
19th April 2013, 14:38
Am I right to be afraid of pressure cookers? What's the worst thing that can happen if you misuse a pressure cooker

Pressure Cooker (http://what-if.xkcd.com/40/)

SandyD
19th April 2013, 15:12
I have always been scared of pressure cookers... my mum , sisters and sisters in law all use it and think am crazy... but sorry, I prefer to use the slow cooker than a pressure cooker.

vetran
19th April 2013, 15:16
old hat I know but the old weighted ones could propel a 12 oz weight into the lathe & plaster of the ceiling if the safety stuck. I tried it in my youth.

NickFitz
19th April 2013, 15:31
That article he links to about dioxygen difluoride is excellent! :)

NotAllThere
19th April 2013, 17:41
I read that article last week and already though uh-oh...

FOOF does look fun, doesn't it.

xoggoth
19th April 2013, 22:41
The worst thing about all this terrorism is that youths can no later make guns and explosives without being arrested. It was a major activity in my time. Mentioned my Sodium Chlorate and sugar powered pipe gun before but was also this chap at school who made a big test tube of Nitrogen Iodide. Unfortunately it went off in his hand. How we all laughed!

minestrone
19th April 2013, 22:53
I know some people that got a welding gas cylinder and packed it full of fertilizer and sugar, let it off in the woods and it was heard for miles around. That kind of shit would get you 5 years now.