• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What beach?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What beach?

Fancy taking the kids out for the day in the morning. Can anyone recommend a good spot between Southampton/Portsmouth or on the edges?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Fancy taking the kids out for the day in the morning. Can anyone recommend a good spot between Southampton/Portsmouth or on the edges?
    Frensham Ponds. Less far to travel, and you can head home when the weather turns tulip. Proper mini beach there - you can paddle, make sandcastles and generally have the beach experience.

Edit: Linky

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Frensham Ponds. Less far to travel, and you can head home when the weather turns tulip. Proper mini beach there - you can paddle, make sandcastles and generally have the beach experience.
      Frenshams a bit pants. Fancy a bucket and spade & crabbing type thing. Not sure what's down the coast.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Frenshams a bit pants. Fancy a bucket and spade & crabbing type thing. Not sure what's down the coast.
        No idea. West Wittering was where we used to head. But I like Frensham, so each to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          No idea. West Wittering was where we used to head. But I like Frensham, so each to their own.
          No caches at Frensham. ;-)

Comment

Looking for your Nearest Beach? Dog Friendly, Surf, Sandcastles & Sunbathing we have it all...
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Ah, Frensham ponds, Carry On Jack and Carry On Columbus.

Naah, I'd rather go a bit further west to Lymington, New Milton, Barton on sea; though they're bucket & spade, but not really crabbing territory. More sandy beaches without enough rocks for rockpools.

Comment

What a crap site. Postcode search perhaps?
                Liked this one....
                Belfast

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                  Ah, Frensham ponds, Carry On Jack and Carry On Columbus.

Naah, I'd rather go a bit further west to Lymington, New Milton, Barton on sea; though they're bucket & spade, but not really crabbing territory. More sandy beaches without enough rocks for rockpools.
                  And with a beautiful view of the Needles.

Comment

Take Isle of Wight ferry first thing in the morning, and drive to the South West coast of the island ("the Military Road").

There are some excellent almost deserted beaches, accessible by walking down cliff paths, and you can often find large lumps of amber lurking under bits of seaweed.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X