PDA

View Full Version : Met still racist?

vetran
22nd April 2013, 12:34
59% of minorities think Met is institutionally racist | London - ITV News (http://www.itv.com/news/london/update/2013-04-22/poll-reveals-londoners-perceptions-of-racism-in-the-met/)

59% of minorities think Met is institutionally racist

yes/no/could do better?

doodab
22nd April 2013, 15:03
A majority of minorities. Whatever next.

Paddy
22nd April 2013, 15:57
I am not one for going on about racists but I know many people who have suffered from it by the Met, nearly all of them did not want to complain for fear of reprisals.

One was recently when a friend was reporting violent threats from the landlord. He was treated like a criminal and had a visit by the police next day; not to investigate but to warn him not to report the crime and to f off back to his own country. (He is British and lived here 30 years!)

It is worse than you can ever imagine or read in the news

vetran
22nd April 2013, 16:00
I am not one for going on about racists but I know many people who have suffered from it by the Met, nearly all of them did not want to complain for fear of reprisals.

One was recently when a friend was reporting violent threats from the landlord. He was treated like a criminal and had a visit by the police next day; not to investigate but to warn him not to report the crime and to f off back to his own country. (He is British and lived here 30 years!)

It is worse than you can ever imagine or read in the news

jesus, thought that kind of thing had stopped. barstewards.

northernladuk
22nd April 2013, 16:15
A majority of minorities. Whatever next.

But racial minorities are not the minority in London anymore.

SueEllen
22nd April 2013, 16:56
jesus, thought that kind of thing had stopped. barstewards.

Dream on.......