PDA

View Full Version : The secret to my success

DimPrawn
22nd April 2013, 20:35
Lessons From The Brain-Damaged Investor - WSJ.com (http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB112190164023291519,00.html)

:smokin

Troll
23rd April 2013, 06:37
IIRC there was a study done between a top city firm doing detailed analysis driven investing in the stock market versus printing off the FTSE 250 list sticking to a wall and then throwing darts at the list to select which stocks to invest in
The dart out performed the analysis driven approach

Of course all this could have been a dream..t'was a long time ago

GB9
23rd April 2013, 07:13
I'm sure that I have seen research showing that the best investors are psychopaths. Form memory, this was due to them having no emotional attachment to their trades and hence not feeling the sense of euphoria or loss on a win or lose.

BlasterBates
23rd April 2013, 07:43
The best investments are in "disaster areas", the more blood there is on the street (economically speaking :smile) the more you´re going to make. Making a good investment is like a "bungee" jump, usually there´s a sickening feeling of going down before the euphoria of bouncing up again.

DimPrawn
23rd April 2013, 08:23
The best investments are in "disaster areas", the more blood there is on the street (economically speaking :smile) the more you´re going to make. Making a good investment is like a "bungee" jump, usually there´s a sickening feeling of going down before the euphoria of bouncing up again.

Invest everything you've got in Britain in that case.

:laugh