• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Part ex with builder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Part ex with builder

Am looking at part ex on the house, the other week I saw a new build dev from Taylor Wimpy, never thought about this before but can see a few major benefits but I'm sure there's a few pitfalls.

Anyone else done this?

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Not done a part ex so sorry - but I did swear I'd never buy a new build again - once was enough

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I know someone who did this and was happy, it's convenient if you can't be arsed finding a buyer but you will not get market value I'm sure. I've also heard stories the other day about the buyer suddenly dropping the price substantially on the day before moving out but that could be a few bad eggs - find others living on the estate/development who did this if you can and ask them.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
        Am looking at part ex on the house, the other week I saw a new build dev from Taylor Wimpy, never thought about this before but can see a few major benefits but I'm sure there's a few pitfalls.

Anyone else done this?

qh
        Don't buy a new build ever.
        It may look flash but the garden and room sizes will be tiny compared to a middle class house built earlier in the 20th century.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would only consider a new build if I bought a plot and had the place designed to my specifications.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Conventional wisdom says new-builds tend to be a bit overpriced (market will tell you if that's true later on) and also that you are likely to get less for yours (offset by huge convenience and removal of uncertainty).
            Also - a lot of developments don't offer part-ex (cos they dont have to and they dont want your house) or only do it towards the end/to get things moving. That says the houses are unlikely to be top of everyones list a few years later when you want to get rid.
            Lots of newbuild horror stories, snagging lists etc and I am in a 15yr old house so can see why, by no means solidly built.
            BUT - I have lived in older houses too and they can be endless grief and maintenance and cost a fortune to run so it's not a one-way argument.
            I see my house as a low maintenance machine for living in that has everything we need, just where we want to live - simples.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Don't buy a new build ever.
              It may look flash but the garden and room sizes will be tiny compared to a middle class house built earlier in the 20th century.
              You're right about gardens but not all new-builds are shoddy paper-thin walled affairs. In some areas (i.e. the expensive areas) they build new houses people with money would want to buy. Here in Durham there are many conservation areas which also force the builders to apply some taste and not put up 30 identical houses in a row.

Gardens and big houses are generally a no-no if you live in a city-centre anyway, unless you're properly loaded - even in Durham you'd be looking at a million for a modest garden in a period property that lets you stroll into town for dinner.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                I would only consider a new build if I bought a plot and had the place designed to my specifications.
                Thats a self build
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

We did through TW 2.5 years ago, went fine. We chose the EA to do the quotes, they offered average of three. Best thing was the people buying yours have to wait until you're out, which was good as the build was delayed a few weeks. Only thing is they sting you for extras, like wall socket and aerial points for TVs etc.
                  But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    Thats a self build
                    It would be new though
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X