• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The patron saint of contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The patron saint of contractors

As it's st Georges day, I was wondering if we had a patron saint of contractors

I nominate St Goar

first of all, because he is a go-er. that's good, he gets things done
    second, he shut himself away in a little cell, that's good - WFH. just like us
    third, he became an Oracle and a miracle throughout the land. yep - that's us
    last, offered job in senior management and turned it down

maybe we should have one for agents and one for permies

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

St George again.... as featured on the 2013 UK Gold Proof Sovereign

Cash is king & fill yer boots for £495

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

For Agents may I suggest St Monica - the patron saint of alcoholics and disappointing children
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I nominate sir AndyW or his mum

Comment

St Murphy, whose wondrous works are the reason most of us are making money to begin with.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            As it's st Georges day, I was wondering if we had a patron saint of contractors

I nominate St Goar

first of all, because he is a go-er. that's good, he gets things done
            second, he shut himself away in a little cell, that's good - WFH. just like us
            third, he became an Oracle and a miracle throughout the land. yep - that's us
            last, offered job in senior management and turned it down

maybe we should have one for agents and one for permies

He lived near Trier and there is in fact a place called St Goar in that area; it's an area where some of the best white wines in the world are made. Unfortunately, some of the worst white wines in the world are made there too.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
            X