• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nookie disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nookie disaster

My NOOK Simple Touch Glowlight just smacked onto the floor and is now a rather stylish brick. There seems no hope for repair, and it isn't covered by warrant, and it's not available currently in Switzerland. Does anyone know where I can get one in central london, since i'll be heading that way in a few weeks...?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

So the lesson is when engaging in Nookie on your own keep a firm grip on your equipment
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      My NOOK Simple Touch Glowlight just smacked onto the floor and is now a rather stylish brick. There seems no hope for repair, and it isn't covered by warrant, and it's not available currently in Switzerland. Does anyone know where I can get one in central london, since i'll be heading that way in a few weeks...?
      pcworld or WH Smiths.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Should have bought Kindle instead.

Comment

Sounds like an opportunity to move way from Nook and onto something better.

Comment

When I saw the thread title I thought this was going to be another terribly sad tale from AtW!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

In which case today is your lucky day.

Get a (much better) replacement here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-touch.../dp/B007OZO03M
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                In which case today is your lucky day.

Get a (much better) replacement here: Kindle Paperwhite - Touch Screen Ereader with Built-In Light
                In what way is it better? I'm quite tempted already.

Comment

In what way is it better? I'm quite tempted already.
                  Better backlight, screen, slimmer, lighter - and, above all, doesn't look as fugly as the Nook.

Seriously, I bought the Kindle Paperwhite after trying every damn ebook reader out there. Couldn't be more happy. You have the standard Web 7 day return policy if you don't like it, so no risk. Tons and tons of reviews and videos on YouTube. Early models (pre Xmas) had some minor screen issues, but all seems to have been resolved now. UK model (£109) also doesn't have the "push adverts" that the cheaper model has to put up with in the US (and you can easily hide the "new book recommendations" that appear on the home screen - there is a setting for this now in the system menus.)

Wouldn't part with mine, and I never thought I'd feel that way about any ebook reader.

EDIT: I don't use the Amazon store and I don't use the software that comes with the Kindle (so I'm probably Amazon's nightmare type of customer. I use the excellent freeware Calibre program (to convert EPUBs to MOBI or AZW3), or simple "drag-n-drop" from within Windows 7 to get my books across.
                  Last edited by nomadd; 24 April 2013, 11:54.
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Ordered one. I'll pick it up on my way home. And a leather wallet for it at the same time.

I already use Calibre - with the plug-in to strip out DRM.

Comment

Working...
                    X