• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QDOS model contract templates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDOS model contract templates

Hi all

Has anyone used the QDOS model contract templates for a contract? Fortunately for me at the moment I'm in a win, win position in the sense if they don't sign it they're up the creek and I'm more than happy to walk away. I'd also like to know if anyone included accommodation and travel into the contract as well.
    In Scooter we trust

My last contract was direct with the client, and was specifically for a project run out of the UK, but where I'd spend the vast majority of my time in Australia.

I used the QDOS template, but edited it to include specific terms on travel costs, including details around hotel costs, subsistence, car hire, taxis, etc. The client was booking flights themselves, but I included terms around class of travel, etc.

Was there anything specifically you wanted to know about this?

Comment

I just really want to make sure it's clear in the contract as this is direct to client but I'll be working in London on a project for a client of theirs. I suppose I'm just trying to cross every t and dot every i, I specified it in the contract confirmation not under redisbursements but is that enough?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

PCG Member? If so you have a contract template specific to a direct client engagement ready to go.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

An excellent point Mal, I'm just in the process of sorting out my PI, PL and other bits. Does the contract need modifying or it good as it is?

I'm guessing you'd recommend the Plus membership?
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            An excellent point Mal, I'm just in the process of sorting out my PI, PL and other bits. Does the contract need modifying or it good as it is?

I'm guessing you'd recommend the Plus membership?
            The contract should be all set to go, just follow the embedded instructions. You will need to fill out the schedule with your specific requirements of course.

Plus includes full tax investigation cover, jury service cover and agency default protection and some other useful odds and sods and is a total no-brainer IMHO - over 50% of members take it.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Oh bollocks - good point. It was the PCG template I used, not QDOS.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                Has anyone used the QDOS model contract templates for a contract? Fortunately for me at the moment I'm in a win, win position in the sense if they don't sign it they're up the creek and I'm more than happy to walk away. I'd also like to know if anyone included accommodation and travel into the contract as well.
                Yes, I am using the QDOS contracts at my current client and travel and accommodation are both provided for (in certain circumstances) as billable expenses. I even got the Confirmation of Arrangements letter signed off as well. Given I've worke the entire contract from home I think I'm pretty bulletproof on this one

Boo2

Comment

Working...
                X