PDA

View Full Version : BOOMED

Halo Jones
24th April 2013, 08:47
After two courses of drugs my haemoglobin levels are at 10.4, my highest recorded level!

I am off the heart attack high risk list

I should no longer need regular blood transfusions, just the drugs for the rest of my life (thank god for the NHS as they cost £4k a course)

&yes I am in a somewhat buoyant mood despite the fact I have a dental extraction later today
:)

Pondlife
24th April 2013, 08:55
Great news HJ.

:yay:

moggy
24th April 2013, 08:57
After two courses of drugs my haemoglobin levels are at 10.4, my highest recorded level!

I should no longer need regular blood transfusions, just the drugs for the rest of my life (thank god for the NHS as they cost £4k a course)

&yes I am in a somewhat buoyant mood despite the fact I have a dental extraction later today

Great news congrats

and.. Well said..

vetran
24th April 2013, 09:00
happy to hear that

NickFitz
24th April 2013, 09:00
:yay: :banana: :cheers: :banana: :yay:

MyUserName
24th April 2013, 09:01
Wow - good news!!!!!

SimonMac
24th April 2013, 09:01
:banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay:
:music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana:
:hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music:
:yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug:
:banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay:
:music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana:
:hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music:
:yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug: :yay: :banana: :music: :hug:

norrahe
24th April 2013, 09:02
a healthy boom then top :banana:

FiveTimes
24th April 2013, 09:06
great stuff :banana:

d000hg
24th April 2013, 09:08
I'd somehow missed this story but congratulations.

Boom. Boom. Boom. Boom... that's your heart reminding you!

Troll
24th April 2013, 09:14

I am off the heart attack high risk list Anemia?

BlasterBates
24th April 2013, 09:22

Zippy
24th April 2013, 09:57
Now that's a proper boom :D

I wouldn't worry about the cost of the drugs - Sasguru's weekly tax bill should cover it. ;)

:banana: :banana:

Halo Jones
24th April 2013, 10:46
Anemia?
Mylodisplasia (bone marrow cancer)

& thanks all x

suityou01
24th April 2013, 11:13

Humbling when you realise people have real problems. :emb
Very pleased to hear you are able to relax and enjoy life more.

:hug:

Troll
24th April 2013, 11:44

& thanks all xFook :eek:
Glad to hear you're getting on top of it

Coalman
24th April 2013, 12:10
Glad to hear all is going well.
Boomed indeed!

mudskipper
24th April 2013, 12:53
Excellent news. :banana:

KentPhilip
24th April 2013, 13:43

& thanks all x

It says on wiki that you share your condition with Carl Sagan and Larry Hagman. So it is a disease with an excellent pedigree :tongue

It also says you might be able to effect a cure using a bone marrow transplant. Is this an option for you?

Halo Jones
24th April 2013, 13:49
it also says you might be able to effect a cure using a bone marrow transplant. Is this an option for you?

It is but, need a match, a year off to recover & its not a guaranteed win, possible rejection & death, so it's a last ditch option:(

hyperD
24th April 2013, 14:48
Congrats! :yay:

EternalOptimist
24th April 2013, 15:19
well done HJ

Chinese dentist at 14:30 by any chance ?

ctdctd
24th April 2013, 17:02
Good news indeed :banana2:

But now your post title and lack of heart attack risk has Baldrick's poem going round my head.

The German Guns

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,

Boom, Boom, Boom,

Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,

Boom, Boom, Boom

:tongue

SimonMac
24th April 2013, 17:05
well done HJ

Chinese dentist at 14:30 by any chance ?

:tumble:

KentPhilip
24th April 2013, 23:33
It is but, need a match, a year off to recover & its not a guaranteed win, possible rejection & death, so it's a last ditch option:(

Well you have my sympathies and best wishes.
Hope you get well soon, so we can all take the piss out of you as normal! :tongue

suityou01
25th April 2013, 00:12
:tumble:

No need to start on EO as I'm sure you know. One of our learned fellows. Xx.

Halo Jones
25th April 2013, 06:44
Hope you get well soon, so we can all take the piss out of you as normal! :tongue

This is CUK dear; you have to be at deaths door before the urine is not extracted, & then it’s still not guaranteed. :laugh

Thankfully I am well enough to bimble around a building site yelling at sub-contractors. As I was diagnosed early I have not had the really nasty side effects.

So bring it on & don’t worry, I will slap you down if required :tongue

alreadypacked
25th April 2013, 06:58
This is CUK dear; you have to be at deaths door before the urine is not extracted, & then it’s still not guaranteed. :laugh

Thankfully I am well enough to bimble around a building site yelling at sub-contractors. As I was diagnosed early I have not had the really nasty side effects.

So bring it on & don’t worry, I will slap you down if required :tongue

They will be queuing up :laugh

KentPhilip
25th April 2013, 09:52
I will slap you down if required :tongue

And without me having to pay for it as well :music::spank::booty:

vetran
25th April 2013, 10:24
And without me having to pay for it as well :music::spank::booty:

NLYUK started charging then?

northernladuk
25th April 2013, 10:49
That is great news... so I think to mark the occasion...

http://www.davesfiles.com/Random/Gifs/bananaRed.gif

A blood red banana going for it!!!