• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

quite telling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quite telling

The interactive map that reveals Britain's most popular surnames | Mail Online

have a look round london, leicester
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Fascinating! You mean that Smith and Jones are right up there?
    What a very piquant observation from the Wail!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Fascinating! You mean that Smith and Jones are right up there?
      What a very piquant observation from the Wail!!

actually I was surprised at the preponderance of Smith & Jones, I believed they were common but not that common.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        actually I was surprised at the preponderance of Smith & Jones, I believed they were common but not that common.
        Sure its not an alias?
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Pointless map really
          Like most statistical values, the mode (most common) should always be backed up with some other information to give it context.

"c" is the most common value in both of the following data sets but that fact alone doesn't tell you much about either set

a,b,c,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m

a,b,c,c,c,c,c,c,c,c,c,d,e
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Yes it does. The bloke who said the second one stutters more than the first bloke.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Pointless map really
              Like most statistical values, the mode (most common) should always be backed up with some other information to give it context.

"c" is the most common value in both of the following data sets but that fact alone doesn't tell you much about either set

a,b,c,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m

a,b,c,c,c,c,c,c,c,c,c,d,e
              huh?

It means in either case you are more likely to meet a 'c', it also where there is a certain amount of choice or correlation then it shows a pattern that has developed in the last 50 years.

Comment

huh?

It means in either case you are more likely to meet a 'c', it also where there is a certain amount of choice or correlation then it shows a pattern that has developed in the last 50 years.
                The chance of meeting a 'c' in the first case is 7%. In the second 70%. Quite a difference. It could be that there's 100'000 Jones and 100'001 Smiths. Some measure of the data spread would be useful.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Seen the 'MyCock' just under Great Britain title on the screen shot lol
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X