• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Radio 6's fawning over Sweet Babboo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio 6's fawning over Sweet Babboo

The man is obviously a pufter idiot that teenage girls like and I hate his singing voice.

Radio 6 now consigned to the dustbin for daytime listening.
    Last edited by Sysman; 25 April 2013, 11:10.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Sweet Babboo, is a pet name that Sally calls her crush Linus. It was inspired by Schulz's wife, Jean Schulz, who called her husband the same thing. She first called him that on January 27, 1977.

This pet name seems to annoy Linus. Almost any time Sally mentions that Linus is her Sweet Babboo, Linus screams, "I'm not your Sweet Babboo!" no matter whether or not he is visible in the strip or the on-screen . Once, when Linus was not around, Sally mentioned something to Charlie Brown about Linus being her Sweet Babboo, and Linus called her over the phone, and told her "I'm not your Sweet Babboo!".

On one occasion, Sally also referred to herself as Linus' "Sweet Babbooette", to which Linus responded, "I've never heard of a 'Babbooette'!". On another occasion, when Sally got so annoyed about Linus ignoring her, she called him, her "Sweet N' Sour Babboo".

The only other character who called Linus "My Sweet Babboo", was Eudora, to which Sally called out, "He's not your Sweet Babboo!". Eudora calling Linus her Sweet Babboo, did not seem to annoy Linus that much.

In the strip from December 20, 1998[1], Charlie Brown makes a Christmas card for The Little Red-Haired Girl, writing on the card, "Merry Christmas, from your Sweet Babboo", then out of annoyance, exclaims "It's a family expression".

Source
    cos I had no idea who you're on about. Still none the wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Source
      cos I had no idea who you're on about. Still none the wiser.
      Then you are lucky. R6 thinks he is wonderful and the bastards played it once an hour

It drove me nuts at the time, and his later efforts make me think of suicide.

Comment

Never heard of him...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Never heard of him...
          You are lucky.

Unfortunately I live in a land that since Big Content took over, the local radio isn't worth listening to.

Thus my tendency to listen to the Beeb

Comment

Working...
          X