• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

6% tax free

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6% tax free

decided to move the grandkids savings out of bank A, because they are a bit of a rip off, moved them into the Halifax, and was told that if I opened an adults
    account with a quid in it, the kids rate would go up to 6 %.

best quid I ever spent

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    decided to move the grandkids savings out of bank A, because they are a bit of a rip off, moved them into the Halifax, and was told that if I opened an adults

best quid I ever spent

- 100% is "up to" 6%
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I looked at that for my kids - couldn't get it in Scotland because there are no Halifax branches, only Bank of Scotland ones, all the Halifax branches got merged with BoS branches when the companies merged. FFS!

Anyway, turns out is is only for 1 year then they will doubtless give tulip rates - one to watch for.

Al.
      Back at the coal face

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

best quid I ever spent

How much can you put in the kids account at 6%???
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          How much can you put in the kids account at 6%???
          not sure off the top of my head

but i transferred 3.4k(ish) for each for them

the big problem is how to steal it back off the swines when they reach 18

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
          X