• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who else here doesn't have children?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who else here doesn't have children?

Can't remember if I or anybody else asked this before.

I don't have any, no paternity leave, no grief. I certainly don't feel like I missed out although I did bring up my ex partner's boy and we're all still good friends (I setup the boy with his own recording studio biz which is doing well).

It was my choice not to have any and probably got lucky when I was younger so no wee accidents. I'm guessing those of you who do have a family wouldn't turn the clock back and choose not to have any, or am I wrong in that assumption?
    Me, me, me...

I would turn the clock back

Only so I could start having kids earlier than I did!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Jaffa.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

I don't have any, no paternity leave, no grief. I certainly don't feel like I missed out although I did bring up my ex partner's boy and we're all still good friends (I setup the boy with his own recording studio biz which is doing well).

It was my choice not to have any and probably got lucky when I was younger so no wee accidents. I'm guessing those of you who do have a family wouldn't turn the clock back and choose not to have any, or am I wrong in that assumption?
        Difficult to explain why that's a strange question to try to answer.

I dislike people with kids wanging on to non kid people about how great it is to have kids.

Also find it slightly odd when childless people wang on and justify why they don't have kids.

Bit like anything - if you haven't got kids, you can't know how it is. You dunno what you're missing, which is not a bad thing in many ways. If you did, you might regret your decision.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I don't have any biological kids but have acquired a wonderful daughter and two brilliant step kids along the way. As someone who was never drawn to children in the biological sense, things have worked out perfectly.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

You did indeed.

There was lots of

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-children.html

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              He's in denial.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Difficult to explain why that's a strange question to try to answer.

I dislike people with kids wanging on to non kid people about how great it is to have kids.

Also find it slightly odd when childless people wang on and justify why they don't have kids.

Bit like anything - if you haven't got kids, you can't know how it is. You dunno what you're missing, which is not a bad thing in many ways. If you did, you might regret your decision.
                I agree with your first point.. must admit I haven't met many people in your second point but there is another set I cannot stand. Those that need to analyse why I don't have kids.. in great detail. They can't understand why I haven't so try and make up excuses for me while asking loads of questions. Very uncomfortable and annoying. I just haven't would enough of an answer for most, but not this set..'Do you not want them 'do you regret it' blah blah..
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  He's in denial.
                  Egypt? Watch out for crocodiles.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Yeah I remember now. I'm not as good a father as someone who has biological kids. I must try harder.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X