• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good online FAX service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good online FAX service

Hi,

Anyone got any recommendations for an online FAX service (can send and receive faxes over the Internet without the need for a FAX machine or phone line)?

I currently use eFAX (www.efax.com) but they are tulipe. Most FAXes sent abroad do not arrive. I've given it a few weeks but with a 5% success rate in sending overseas faxes, I've had enough.

So if anyone knows of a similar service that actually works properly, please do tell.

Cheers,

DP.

I used to use yac.com.... back in the days when faxing was useful....not used the account for quite some time, but it did work OK

Do you also use a 'typewriter'?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

My plan B involves communicating with suppliers whose primary form of contact is FAX in some cases. They're not connected to Internet like us advanced civilizations.

Comment

has someone mentioned

http://www.tpc.int/

before?
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

That service does not cover the countries I need to FAX to.

I'm not looking for something cheap or free, what is more important is it is 100% reliable, almost no downtime, fast and easy to use.

If there isn't anything else like www.efax.com (that is reliable!) then I'm just going to have to buy a FAX machine.

Comment

Fax Machine?

Originally posted by DimPrawn

I'm not looking for something cheap or free, what is more important is it is 100% reliable, almost no downtime, fast and easy to use.

If there isn't anything else like www.efax.com (that is reliable!) then I'm just going to have to buy a FAX machine.
            Before buying a fax machine you may want to think about a fax software solution such as Ventafax (http://www.ventafax.com/). It also provides answering machine capabilities so I use this as on MyCo main phone number and use it to receive all calls (voice and fax). Works well for me as I am usually at clients and not by the phone. Can also access the answerphone messages remotely and (with the business version) have both voice answerphone messages and inbound faxes automatically emailed to your email address.

Depends a little on your individual working circumstances whether this would be appropriate for you.

Comment

My plan B involves communicating with suppliers whose primary form of contact is FAX in some cases. They're not connected to Internet like us advanced civilizations.
              Ahh... I thought they used smoke signals or jungle drums
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

DP, I have used both PumaFax and Tiscali.Fax to send faxes overseas, both with 100% success rates. I have a slight preference for the former.

Comment

http://www.onebox.com/

Comment

Does anyone actually still do faxes? Last fax I sent was about 5 years ago.
                    Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Working...
                    X