• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Johnny Wilkinson .. will he?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny Wilkinson .. will he?

I watched him yesterday at Twickers where he completely outplayed Owen Farrell. The Lions should pick him along with Christian Wade and James Hook.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I watched him yesterday at Twickers where he completely outplayed Owen Farrell. The Lions should pick him along with Christian Wade and James Hook.
    Nah. Too old. He'll probably dislocate his shoulder again carrying his luggage off the plane.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

He looked good yesterday actually, and I think it would be good for the younger players to see how to conduct yourself too. I'd like to see him go on, he just looks the real deal every time I get to see him play. Would be a fitting finale to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Nah. Too old. He'll probably dislocate his shoulder again carrying his luggage off the plane.

He is 33 and fit as he has ever been and if it means taking one less "token scot" then so be it
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Apparently, because he plays for a French team it's unlikely he'll be picked, as they won't release him in time for the start of the tour.

Or so some bloke said on the radio this morning.

Comment

He is 33 and fit as he has ever been and if it means taking one less "token scot" then so be it
            He's a sicknote and should not be taking up a place on the plane.

HTH
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I think hes done very well to quit while he was marginally ahead.

A great player, but hes no part in the future of this new england side so it would just be holding onto the past.

Absolute legend mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                I think hes done very well to quit while he was marginally ahead.

A great player, but hes no part in the future of this new england side so it would just be holding onto the past.

Absolute legend mind.
                He's 33 and will be 36 at the next world cup. There have been older fly halves at that level. Hugo Porta comes to mind, one of the best ever; played internationals at 40. It's do-able for a number 10 if he uses his brain more than his brawn.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  He's 33 and will be 36 at the next world cup. There have been older fly halves at that level. Hugo Porta comes to mind, one of the best ever; played internationals at 40. It's do-able for a number 10 if he uses his brain more than his brawn.
                  He was fairly crap at the last world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    He was fairly crap at the last world cup.
                    Yeah but so were Ronaldo, Messi and Van Persie from memory (yes I know it wasn't the same world cup).
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X