• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Universal credit 'will destroy people'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal credit 'will destroy people'

BBC News - Universal credit 'will destroy people'

Quite thoughtful
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I am pretty sure Global Warming will get 'em first.

Comment

Interesting thought, but surely people have to take some responsibility for their own actions.

I mean some element of their budget comes in cash at the moment anyway. What happens when people come along and say 'I spent all me food budget on special brew and fags.' Does the council/government keep handing out cash?

Serious question, I don't know how it works.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

to be trusted to pay their rent and other bills... it's not going to happen
        And who's f***ing fault is that? Take some responsibility

Comment

They sure do need to take responsibility, OK so mental health is an issue but the problem is too many so called experts buy into all that crap. I get stressed as does everyone else but some people take the p*** with it, I burst out laughing when the guy said "I have to move from MY house of 14 years due to the bedroom tax" sorry mate but it's NOT your house wake the f*** up!
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
            They sure do need to take responsibility, OK so mental health is an issue but the problem is too many so called experts buy into all that crap. I get stressed as does everyone else but some people take the p*** with it, I burst out laughing when the guy said "I have to move from MY house of 14 years due to the bedroom tax" sorry mate but it's NOT your house wake the f*** up!
            trouble is, a lot of them think it IS their house. they 'have a right'
            they really believe there is a bottomless well full of money

the 'us and them' is frighteningly real

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I p*ssed my pants laughing at some of those comments on their, more social housing oh yeah lets just build you a nice new build to house you. Dear me I think all those years of my mum fiddling the system had a profound effect on me in the sense that I believe the majority of what most people say is tulipe
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

there
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I actually agree with this in principal - but the money needs to be weighted to the area - Comparing benefits in London to argue percentage reductions across the board is silly.

Cost of living is imo at least 33% cheaper in say Preston, to London.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                    Cost of living is imo at least 33% cheaper in say Preston, to London.
                    So we could reduce the benefits bill considerably by sending all the scroungers and skivers up north. Preston could become a sort of concentration camp (from what I gather this would be considered gentrification) and we'd have the added benefit of those in low wage low security jobs becoming motivated to work harder out of fear.

Arbeit macht frei indeed.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X